Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 1:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pedophiles
Wink 
Pedophiles
So, here is some logic:

Some Catholic priests are pedophiles (although I think it is rare)
Catholicism should be avoided because some Catholic priests are pedophiles
Some western Doctors (MDs) are pedophiles
Western medicine should be avoided because some MDs are pedophiles (although I think it is rare)

How about that logic?  I mean, there are pedophiles in EVERY profession, from medicine to teaching to lawn mowers and etc.  Therefore, we should just avoid everything because, according to my logic, there are pedophiles in every profession.  Just become an agoraphobic and stay inside your house, everyone, since there are pedophiles out there in EVERY profession.

Also, I just LOVE the way that some people (especially of a certain political and/or religious persuasion) just LOVE to trash Catholicism because SOME (although in my opinion it is rare) priests are pedophiles.

Well, I'm going to avoid western medicine and trash it since some MDs are pedophiles.

I mean, logically, this makes perfect sense, doesn't it?
RE: Pedophiles
Not known anyone ever make that argument though.

The Catholic Church needs regulation to prevent some of the horror that goes on. It also needs to be fucking taxed.

Harmless Catholics that don't preach at me I'm fine with.
To be fair it's fairly easy to trash Catholicism, not just because of the whole peadophile priest thing, but more because it's barking mad? I think people take more offence to the fact that a lot of priests with questionable sexual tendencies are able to 'get away with it' as they were/are protected by the powers that be within the Vatican. I mean, look at the Irish laundries, not related to peadophiles per se but definitely child (and adult) abuse on a grand scale.

If you want to avoid western medicine then have at it, no skin of our backs.

Oh and welcome to the forum ^_*
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
(July 6, 2016 at 7:43 am)burningiris Wrote: I mean, logically, this makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

How about this:
1. Some Catholic Priests are pedophiles.
2. The Catholic Church claims to know the moral Truths™
3. The Catholic Church systematically hid and protected pedophile priests, giving them access to more victims and ruining more childrens lives
4. The Catholic Church does everything within its power to avoid culpability for said actions, requiring victims to forgo anonymity, trying to weasel out of reparations, and attempting to block legislation that would allow victims to seek retribution for the rapes and molestations that occurred years ago.

or:

1. Some MDs are pedophiles.
2. When they are caught, the MDs are fired, jailed, and hospitals sued.
3. The end.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Other institutions don't spend their money protecting child abusers in their midsts, generally. That's the difference. Any that do deserve as much scorn as the Catholic Church.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
In short:

False analogy, OP.
Hello burningiris, welcome to the forums.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Yeah that is stupid and dumb
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
Catholicism deserves special criticism because it claims special privilege. The Vatican considers itself an autonomous nation and it's pedophile priests are protected by diplomatic immunity. For that , Catholicism deserves to be brought down a few notches. If the church had helped expose it's child fuckers and turned them over to the local authorities , assisting in the investigations I am positive the public opinions would be diametrically different than present.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Not only do they protect them, they've been lobbying to stop law changes that would bring more of the child abusers they are aware of to justice.

You want to fund that?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum