Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 2:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun with flat earthers.
Fun with flat earthers.
I've decided to engage a little bit with the flat earthers, as they can be a fun crowd. Asking questions about the eclipse, or debunking that whole convergence not curve bs that they use to explain why the sun or even ships disappear over the horizon, etc. They're a fun crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...bxgtTyD8Wd
RE: Fun with flat earthers.
It honestly baffles me that people still think the Earth is flat. I can't wrap my head around how stupid they are...
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
(July 7, 2016 at 12:15 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: It honestly baffles me that people still think the Earth is flat. I can't wrap my head around how stupid they are...

The thing is that people think they've been lied to by the "man" about things, so many things, so their opinions have the same validity as facts because facts can be falsified and they have some crazy ideas as to how.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(July 7, 2016 at 12:15 pm)mlmooney89 Wrote: It honestly baffles me that people still think the Earth is flat. I can't wrap my head around how stupid they are...

Just consider how many shitheads think the earth is 6,000 years old and it should come to you rather quickly.
Is it really that expensive to buy a plane ticket for a trip around the world? How hard can it be to prove the world is round. Just keep traveling in the same direction, until you make it back.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

We are on a mobius strip. That's why things disappear and then come back. Life half twisted!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Or Quran, that dreck was written centuries after most people already knew Earth was a sphere and yet that uneducated and illiterate Muhammad insisted Earth is flat and Sun sets in the puddle of mud. Then Muslims doing really elaborate architecture to promote and worship that worldview by building octagonal mosques. Like one of the most famous mosques: the Dome of the Rock which is an octagon - a very sacred symbol - because it represents bridge between squared earth under the perfectly circular dome that is heaven.

I guess it is what religious people on this forum would call excitement of irrational thinking. To lose yourself in imagining that you'll find a hole trough earth and actually walk on the turtle that carries flat Earth on it's back and if they imagine it often and believe very hard then it really happened, they really walked on the turtle's back. "Excitement that atheists can obviously never understand" - as they would say.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
(July 25, 2016 at 11:20 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: Or Quran, that dreck was written centuries after most people already knew Earth was a sphere and yet that uneducated and illiterate Muhammad insisted Earth is flat and Sun sets in the puddle of mud. Then Muslims doing really elaborate architecture to promote and worship that worldview by building octagonal mosques. Like one of the most famous mosques: the Dome of the Rock which is an octagon - a very sacred symbol - because it represents bridge between squared earth under the perfectly circular dome that is heaven.

I guess it is what religious people on this forum would call excitement of irrational thinking. To lose yourself in imagining that you'll find a hole trough earth and actually walk on the turtle that carries flat Earth on it's back and if they imagine it often and believe very hard then it really happened, they really walked on the turtle's back. "Excitement that atheists can obviously never understand" - as they would say.

haha Yeah, I get excited over fiction too, but y'know, I know that it's just fiction.  Tongue

Me too. I know one flat Earther who believes we being tricked, He also believes that we are all in "The Truman show".
...and he doesn't believe in the FSM
FSM Grin
(July 26, 2016 at 3:00 am)Jarrey Wrote:

Me too. I know one flat Earther who believes we being tricked, He also believes that we are all in "The Truman show".
...and he doesn't believe in the FSM
FSM Grin

HOW DARE HE NOT BELIEVE IN THE FLYING SPAGHETTI MONSTER!!!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flat Easrth Society is Growing Rhondazvous 61 12083 August 2, 2017 at 8:20 am
Last Post: Rhondazvous
Question Having Fun With Evolution! Platonic 40 7296 December 24, 2014 at 3:10 pm
Last Post: Tonus
  Scientists are FUN! bennyboy 0 706 June 24, 2014 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Fun with Antique Medicine thesummerqueen 4 1209 November 16, 2011 at 7:23 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Is evolution the new Flat Earth? rumbuggerylash 16 7100 May 23, 2011 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Rayaan
  Scientific literature is too dry. Religious texts are more fun. rumbuggerylash 18 5846 May 17, 2011 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas