Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 7:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flat Easrth Society is Growing
Flat Easrth Society is Growing
https://theflatearthsociety.org/home/ind...he-society
Quote:The mission of the flat Earth Society is to promote and instigate discussion of the flat earth theory

This kind of thing show me how much I've taken my education for granted. I've not understood how anyone can believe a book that says the earth is flat. But only because I took it for granted that it's common knowledge that the earth is round.

Notice their mission is not to show and prove but to prromote and institgate discussion. They put such nonsense on a level with true science by calling it a theory, when very few people even know what a theory is in scientific terms.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
RE: Flat Easrth Society is Growing
It's not growing. It's just more vocal.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Flat Earthers are largely harmless enough nutters.  They aren't burning people for the heresy of a (mostly) spherical Earth, for example, or killing their kids for dating Round Earthers ( http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...46581.html ) .

I'm not all that fatootzed about the Flat Earth Society.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Sadly because of their beliefs, reality can never dawn on them.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
"I've not understood how anyone can believe a book that says the earth is flat."

Prachett.
OP: What a crappy, crappy web site. It's got to be a joke.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(July 19, 2017 at 7:54 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Flat Earthers are largely harmless enough nutters.  They aren't burning people for the heresy of a (mostly) spherical Earth, for example, or killing their kids for dating Round Earthers ( http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...46581.html ) .

I'm not all that fatootzed about the Flat Earth Society.

Boru

Fatootzed? Ok! Me neither!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(July 19, 2017 at 8:25 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: OP: What a crappy, crappy web site. It's got to be a joke.
The people who believe such crap may be a joke, but they really believe it, so it's no joke to them.
The god who allows children to be raped out of respect for the free will choice of the rapist, but punishes gay men for engaging in mutually consensual sex couldn't possibly be responsible for an intelligently designed universe.

I may defend your right to free speech, but i won't help you pass out flyers.

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
--Voltaire

Nietzsche isn't dead. How do I know he lives? He lives in my mind.
(July 19, 2017 at 7:45 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: It's not growing.  It's just more vocal.

You seem to think the average American possesses of sufficient education and discernment to not equate decibels with validity regardless of how preposterous the proposition.
(July 19, 2017 at 8:38 pm)Rhondazvous Wrote:
(July 19, 2017 at 8:25 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: OP: What a crappy, crappy web site. It's got to be a joke.
The people who believe such crap may be a joke, but they really believe it, so it's no joke to them.

Maybe this could be that new religion without a god someone was referring to. The Edgeists.

What would their bible be?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is basing society around selfishness wise (Adam Smith etc) Duty 14 1653 October 29, 2020 at 12:05 pm
Last Post: Duty
  Fun with flat earthers. Mechaghostman2 9 1755 July 26, 2016 at 12:11 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  Will modern society slow the progress of change? Heat 11 2920 May 10, 2016 at 1:52 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  Is evolution the new Flat Earth? rumbuggerylash 16 7110 May 23, 2011 at 12:45 am
Last Post: Rayaan