Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Surgery and prayer...... and conspiracies.
Surgery and prayer...... and conspiracies.
My mom had surgery yesterday, she's doing fine. But once again, everyone when she left to have it, was "I'll pray for you"........  And after calling her friends to update, same thing. UGGGGGGG I hate that shit, the doctors did the work, no sky hero helping them. It always reminds me of Captain Sully landing in the Hudson when the reporter asked, "Did you say a prayer" his response "I didn't have time". 

The last fucking thing I want any doctor doing is taking their minds of my mom while they are working on her.  Anyway, she is much better today more strength and speaking well. 

I think the shuttle driver from the hotel to the hospital was the worst, way beyond your "I'll pray for you". This guy was nice enough, but loony, "God this, God that" every trip back and forth, but worse than that, he is originally from Guyana South America. Anyone old enough knows that is the country Jim Jones convinced 900 people to commit suicide, many were flat out murdered. A senator was also murdered in that. Anyway, this nut claimed that Jones was still alive, like the Elvis nuts. Tried to tie it into the murder of the British MP last month. Bad enough I have to listen to the standard god crap add delusional conspiracy crap to it. It was all I could do not to shout at him, "Shut the fuck up!".

It was stressful enough having to worry about my mom, but I really didn't need to be hearing that shit too.
RE: Surgery and prayer...... and conspiracies.
I'm old enough to recall the Guyana tragedy and noted the christers I worked with were rather shaken with the whole mess.

Granted, the effect wore off, but it was an early experience for me in seeing people having some actual introspection on the topic of belief.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(July 21, 2016 at 10:59 am)Brian37 Wrote: [edit]

It was stressful enough having to worry about my mom, but I really didn't need to be hearing that shit too.

Maybe she did.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(July 21, 2016 at 11:06 am)mh.brewer Wrote:
(July 21, 2016 at 10:59 am)Brian37 Wrote: [edit]

Maybe she did.

No my mom is not religious in the slightest, at best she is a "just in case, ". She didn't request a preacher, which is something the social worker asks upon admission. She understand's the intent, but I was talking about not when they say it to her, but to me. I can tolerate it when they say it to her but It is a double standard when they say it to an atheist knowing you cant say anything back.
Oh, I say something back. I say things like "I thought you would have had more consideration for my feelings right now than to insult me."
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
I spent a night in the hospital 2 weeks ago.  When the nurse was doing the intake interview she asked if I had any 'spiritual beliefs?'  I said "none."  She then asked if I would like to speak to a "spiritual advisor?"  I said "absolutely not."  She was a hip young black chick.  I got the briefest hint of a wry smile.
Then say thanks, but no thanks. I/we/atheists find that offensive.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(July 21, 2016 at 1:08 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I spent a night in the hospital 2 weeks ago.  When the nurse was doing the intake interview she asked if I had any 'spiritual beliefs?'  I said "none."  She then asked if I would like to speak to a "spiritual advisor?"  I said "absolutely not."  She was a hip young black chick.  I got the briefest hint of a wry smile.

That is the shit I was talking about right there, I'll give you credit the first time if you don't know, but once you do, back the fuck off.
My mom did have A Catholic Chaplin by this morning, just dropped in, not by request, but doing their "rounds". But I wasn't in, I would have said nothing at that point if I had been there, because she is Catholic, but in a weekend never go to church type. But like I said, it isn't when they say something to her.

What is super annoying is that these guys wear white lab coats as if they were doctors themselves.
Glad she's doing okay.

Won't even get started on how much I hate hearing the "pray for the surgery" crap.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bariatric surgery Joods 50 6530 December 30, 2017 at 10:11 pm
Last Post: Joods
  Teenage surgery without parent's consent Catholic_Lady 75 10075 November 29, 2016 at 6:09 am
Last Post: rado84
  Having Surgery in the Morning Rhondazvous 65 6744 August 3, 2015 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous