Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 12:30 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Conventional Wisdom Thread
Conventional Wisdom Thread
This thread can be for a lot of things, but mainly for adding and discussing your own bits of personal philosophy, as well as anyone else's.

If you really want to achieve/get something right, you should simply keep trying until it works and not give up just because you lose all hope and reasonable expectation for success.
RE: Conventional Wisdom Thread
(August 19, 2016 at 10:29 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: I believe the thread is self-explanatory. I'll start.

If you really want to achieve/get something right, you should simply keep trying until it works and not give up just because you lose all hope and reasonable expectation for success.

What is this thread for. Debunking/supporting conventional wisdom or just repeating it?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(August 19, 2016 at 11:06 am)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(August 19, 2016 at 10:29 am)Excited Penguin Wrote: I believe the thread is self-explanatory. I'll start.

What is this thread for. Debunking/supporting conventional wisdom or just repeating it?

I'm sorry, further clarification was provided in the OP. Let me know if it's better now.
Explain the "really want" part. What if people have enough willpower/wishes to survive. "Just do it" mantras piss me of a bit.
I like cats, cats are pretty cool creatures and doesn't afraid of anything.
(August 19, 2016 at 11:53 am)Bella Morte Wrote: I like cats, cats are pretty cool creatures and doesn't afraid of anything.

You never met my littlest cat Elsa was afraid a lot being a small and timid pussy. Fortunately he was backed up by our other cat Smudge who was massive and top puss in the area.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Mark Twain piece of wisdom :

"If it's your job to eat a frog, it's best to do it first thing in the morning. And If it's your job to eat two frogs, it's best to eat the biggest one first."
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(August 19, 2016 at 11:52 am)purplepurpose Wrote: Explain the "really want" part. What if people have enough willpower/wishes to survive. "Just do it" mantras piss me of a bit.

Ok, I'll amend it then. As long as your goals are realistic, you shouldn't become your own obstacle in the path to achieving them.

Appreciate what you have, rather than worrying about what you don't have.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The great wisdom of Poverty TrueChristian 44 5215 January 18, 2016 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  The burden of wisdom/enlightenment, being good is too hard! Mystic 24 7688 May 16, 2013 at 10:09 pm
Last Post: Godscreated
  Love of wisdom Little Rik 14 4761 March 31, 2013 at 10:36 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger