Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 12:36 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guy debunks Psychics
Guy debunks Psychics
New James Randi?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFUI_7C2J5U
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: Guy debunks Psychics
That's great. Thinking about psychics makes me think of a particular psychic scam - there are two people, the "psychic" who actually talks to the victim, another person in an adjacent room, and there is a cabinet that opens to both rooms so things can be passed back and forth. The "Psychic" has the victim tell him something specific about his life and then gets all excited and says, "I dreamed about that last night!" Meanwhile, the person in the other room is writing whatever the persons says - his name, his story, etc., in a "dream diary." He puts in the cabinet. The "psychic" opens the cabinet, takes out the "dream diary" and shows the victim "what he wrote last night after he had the dream." This will convince a LOT of people that this guy really is psychic, after which he can really start to scam the victim.
Misread as debunks physics. That I'd like to see.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I did the same thing Rob.
And then I was like, in 37 seconds, this I gotta see.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Family Guy & Lovable cartoons.... Brian37 7 529 June 11, 2022 at 7:17 am
Last Post: Brian37
  You wouldn't hit a guy with invisible glasses? Brian37 9 1561 January 17, 2018 at 8:00 pm
Last Post: chimp3
  This guy deserves the DEATH PENALTY Brian37 17 997 December 9, 2017 at 8:55 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Star Wars spoof from Family Guy.... Brian37 2 564 April 13, 2017 at 4:47 am
Last Post: Isis
  How manly are you? (For the st8 ladies, how manly is your guy?) Whateverist 38 2321 February 6, 2017 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: energizer bunny
  Carl Sagan on Family Guy LadyForCamus 0 577 March 21, 2016 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Remember this guy? Napoléon 5 1487 December 20, 2012 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Good Guy Vader Tiberius 1 985 March 11, 2012 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: reverendjeremiah
  Cable Guy - Somebody To Love Edwardo Piet 0 965 January 19, 2012 at 11:20 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Good Guy Lucifer thesummerqueen 3 1294 January 15, 2012 at 6:15 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko