Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 4:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I've gone all orange.
I've gone all orange.
If I was the sort of person who got annoyed easily or who bore grudges or reacted badly to adverse situations or didn't have the laid back philosophy that I have I might have said..

"I gave that forum nearly two years of my spare time, I mean I was there from day one helping out, coming up with ideas for forums, developing clever little mycode scripts (Yes, you have me to thank for the likes of [hide], [imgfit] etc.), I donated a whole bunch of cash and even created custom Atheist Forum t-shirts which I either sold at cost or any small profit made, donated back to the forum. Plus of course, all the normal stuff of fixing quotes, deleting spammers, hunting down trolls, helping members etc. etc.

And then, when my hand is forced, or at least I'm put on the spot and I reluctantly retire, giving my reasons calmly and rationally with no hint of malice or ill-will towards the forum and only the wish that it continues to be the great place it used to be, what do I get in return? Well dear reader, I'll tell you. I get a limp 'that's a shame' and then a point by point rebuttal of my every reason for leaving. It would have been nice to have received a 'sorry to see you go' or perhaps 'thanks for all the work and time you've put in to the forum' or maybe even 'you'll be missed but good luck with any future projects' or just possibly a 'let's have a chat about this and see if we can resolve any issues', but no, nothing of the sort, or at least, nothing that I could interpret as such.

After all, I had done nothing wrong and only did what I thought was best for this community for the past two years.

It just goes to show, that in the cut and thrust of forum admin, loyalty and commitment don't seem to be particularly valuable commodities."

But of course I'm far too philosophical to even consider such an argument.

And now, let the rebuttals and character assassination begin Great
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: I've gone all orange.
As long as you stick around at the forums, I don't give a shit what color you are.
Thanks Paul Great
Well I must say I am surprised that you decided to lay down the admins role, but then I really didn't think about it either.

I've not seen your list of reasons nor do I need them, but I will say that I do value your input in this forum and I am sorry that you decided to retire.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
And thanks to you also leo. It'll take a bit of getting used to but I really couldn't carry on in all conscience.
Your reasons are your own, but I'm with Paul on this one, couldn't care about the person's colour Smile
(August 19, 2010 at 10:00 am)LastPoet Wrote: Your reasons are your own, but I'm with Paul on this one, couldn't care about the person's colour Smile

Cheers LP Big Grin
Not what I expected when I read the word orange. It's more like a pesky shade of yeollow to me. Big Grin

I agree with the rest, as long as we all get to read your witty repartee, who are we to complain. If the decision was right for you, stand by it.

Happy Retirement, old man. Tongue
Nothing is your own except the few cubic centimeters inside your skull. - George Orwell
When you said you'd 'gone all orange', I thought it might be fake tan... Smile

Thanks for all your hard work over two years. Hope you enjoy retirement (do you get a pension?) Wink
'We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.' H.L. Mencken

'False religion' is the ultimate tautology.

'It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.' Mark Twain

'I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.' Abraham Lincoln
I am really sorry to see you retire. I think you've been a valid contributor to the forums. I like you a lot and I know you've put a lot of work into this forums, as have all the admins. Ultimately if you feel it's best to leave, I respect that. I think maybe it didn't have to come to this, but the decision is ultimately yours.

I haven't had a chance to speak to you directly about your decision. I've just been put in the unfortunate position of hearing things second hand. Obviously, things have come about from recent tumultuous happenings here. I'm not going to dig up shit here. We have our differences opinion and that's fine. If you want to talk to me directly about this, if there's anything I can say or do that would make you reconsider, I'm here. I will listen, just send me a PM.

Otherwise, I hope you still come around and contribute, the place wouldn't be the same without you.

"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coffee and Orange Juice Foxaèr 10 656 August 14, 2022 at 5:45 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Since I’ve been gone... J a c k 28 3211 August 19, 2018 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Uh-oh, maybe Facebook is finally gone Foxaèr 7 1556 June 16, 2017 at 10:02 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Why do I keep having an intense craving for orange juice? Edwardo Piet 25 27323 February 9, 2017 at 12:06 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Exclamation I have gone to the dark side. Aractus 7 1978 March 26, 2016 at 8:26 pm
Last Post: Aractus
  I will soon be gone. Whateverist 57 5834 July 21, 2015 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  guys, why has my quick reply gone! ignoramus 0 591 July 10, 2014 at 10:07 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Humans may have gone through a semi aquatic phase in evolution Chad32 5 1310 July 9, 2014 at 10:00 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Quotes Gone Wrong Walking Void 1 1333 September 9, 2013 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: wwjs
  Where have all the liberals gone? Red Celt 21 4547 July 23, 2013 at 3:25 am
Last Post: Tiberius