Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:16 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Since I’ve been gone...
Since I’ve been gone...
Hello, friends. This is me explaining myself, since I tend to do that as a very bad habit I can’t shake off. Lol but I’ve been asked why I disappeared and then I came in here today to catch up and noticed it was asked again. I know it’s weird because I had been made mod, so I should have been around more, but I’m currently trying to find a way to put all my life stuff in priority boxes. I was going to be out at most a week dealing with some regular JACK stuff, but then boom. Here’s what’s up.

My uncle went missing a few weeks ago. The whole family joined forces to try and find him and help my aunt remain calm. Two days later they found his body. Fast forward to this week and they have found his two teenage killers. They just wanted his cash.

This has caused a revolution in our family. You just never think it can happen to someone you love. We have talked about leaving behind all our excuses to not spend time together more often. The way we think... the way we prioritize... it has to have a makeover. I had this way of doing things. My kids came first, then alone time. Now I want to soak in all the time I can get with my family and closest friends. I want to say yes more often to invitations. My kids are still first! But now I want to suppress my selfish ways as much as I can and actually enjoy my people, because even if you’re healthy, you just never know. We just never thought something like this could happen especially in these quiet towns.

I love this place, too. I have found so many friends that I sincerely care about. I’m just figuring this out. I had such a simple dynamic before. Go to work, come back, time with the kids, sleep. Then on my days without the kids, time was about silence and alone time. I liked it that way. Now I refuse to lose another loved one without knowing what’s going on with that project they had, or that promotion, or whatever. I’ll get the hang of this. It’s just been hectic keeping up with everyone when I was so used to keeping mostly to myself.

I think it’s harder to be here when there’s responsibilities involved on top of all my other RL responsibilities. So, here’s me trying to make it work as best I can.

Plus, orange is the new black.
J A C K
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
RE: While I’ve been gone...
(August 18, 2018 at 12:57 pm)J a c k Wrote: Hello, friends. This is me explaining myself, since I tend to do that as a very bad habit I can’t shake off. Lol but I’ve been asked why I disappeared and then I came in here today to catch up and noticed it was asked again. I know it’s weird because I had been made mod, so I should have been around more, but I’m currently trying to find a way to put all my life stuff in priority boxes. I was going to be out at most a week dealing with some regular JACK stuff, but then boom. Here’s what’s up.

My uncle went missing a few weeks ago. The whole family joined forces to try and find him and help my aunt remain calm. Two days later they found his body. Fast forward to this week and they have found his two teenage killers. They just wanted his cash.

This has caused a revolution in our family. You just never think it can happen to someone you love. We have talked about leaving behind all our excuses to not spend time together more often. The way we think... the way we prioritize... it has to have a makeover. I had this way of doing things. My kids came first, then alone time. Now I want to soak in all the time I can get with my family and closest friends. I want to say yes more often to invitations. My kids are still first! But now I want to suppress my selfish ways as much as I can and actually enjoy my people, because even if you’re healthy, you just never know. We just never thought something like this could happen especially in these quiet towns.

I love this place, too. I have found so many friends that I sincerely care about. I’m just figuring this out. I had such a simple dynamic before. Go to work, come back, time with the kids, sleep. Then on my days without the kids, time was about silence and alone time. I liked it that way. Now I refuse to lose another loved one without knowing what’s going on with that project they had, or that promotion, or whatever. I’ll get the hang of this. It’s just been hectic keeping up with everyone when I was so used to keeping mostly to myself.

I think it’s harder to be here when there’s responsibilities involved on top of all my other RL responsibilities. So, here’s me trying to make it work as best I can.

J A C K
What a story!
You're always welcome here.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Holy jumping fucking shitballs, Jack.  There are plenty of legit reasons to be away from AF, but a murdered uncle pretty much tops the list. 

Welcome back, and I hope your family is dealing.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Hugs my friend. I have no words for that sort of thing that you and your family have gone through. It isn't fair and life isn't fair.

💜💜💜💜💜
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
RE: Since I’ve been gone...
(August 18, 2018 at 12:57 pm)J a c k Wrote: Hello, friends. This is me explaining myself, since I tend to do that as a very bad habit I can’t shake off. Lol but I’ve been asked why I disappeared and then I came in here today to catch up and noticed it was asked again. I know it’s weird because I had been made mod, so I should have been around more, but I’m currently trying to find a way to put all my life stuff in priority boxes. I was going to be out at most a week dealing with some regular JACK stuff, but then boom. Here’s what’s up.

J A C K

Begging
I think you have your head screwed on just right, Jack.

As for your uncle, I can assure you it wasn't the Beccster. She was with me the whole time .. unless I just fantasized that.

Also, your orange is still green so far.
Very sorry for that family tragedy. Welcome back, Jack! Your family is lucky to have you.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Wow, so sorry to see this, it's horrible. I hope they toss those punks in prison and throw away the key. Angry 

Heart  Hang in there! Heart
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Group Hug
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
(August 18, 2018 at 3:47 pm)Fireball Wrote: Wow, so sorry to see this, it's horrible. I hope they toss those punks in prison and throw away the key. Angry 

Heart  Hang in there! Heart

They’re being tried as adults.

https://www.kyma.com/news/suspects-tried.../782772690
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You’ve Been Kidnapped!! BrianSoddingBoru4 40 2035 December 14, 2023 at 12:18 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Ever been treated this way? Strange Vague Story. Disagreeable 18 1117 January 31, 2022 at 1:42 pm
Last Post: Disagreeable
  Been wondering what the boyfriend looks like? Foxaèr 8 690 January 14, 2022 at 11:43 am
Last Post: johnnyy
  Imagine You've Been Kidnapped BrianSoddingBoru4 26 1278 August 20, 2021 at 4:13 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How high have you ever been? Frank Apisa 27 2007 June 28, 2021 at 10:44 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Name a movie that would have been creepy with a sex scene The Valkyrie 40 2192 November 21, 2020 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  This has been nagging me for a while now... Dr H 11 1530 January 21, 2019 at 11:22 pm
Last Post: outtathereligioncloset
  I've been there, "Have you ever"? Brian37 19 1632 November 16, 2018 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  The headline should have been... John V 8 381 October 5, 2018 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Guess You've All Been Practicing Your Aim Rhondazvous 20 1428 August 29, 2018 at 11:22 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama