Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clinton and Trump...
Clinton and Trump...
Nobody likes Clinton...booo...hissssss, even more people hate Trump.....boooo, hissssss, traitor, splitter.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015...genealogy/

I read that article and I found it quite amazing to find out that they share a 19th Great-grandparent. We all know that 19th means 19th generation. So, I looked it up and found this:

http://familyforest.com/resources/51/anc...t-a-glance

In theory, it is correct and this is only including parents, grandparents and everyone else behind them, but what about cousins, aunts, uncles, 2nd cousins, 5 cousins once removed etc? It is amazing that in those 19 generations, there are 2^19 or 524,288 ancestors just for those two alone. Theoretically, we can go back just one more generation and that figure would rise to 1,048,576 people. Now, of course, people died young (hence why they gave a conservative estimate of 25 years for one generation) in those days, and there were stillbirths, but parents often made up for that fairly quickly. 

What are your thoughts on this, if any? I know it is a boring subject, but it just makes you think how close we really are genetically. And it also means I have abaris as a 35th cousin 22 times removed .....*fuming*.....only kidding mate, the beer is on me (not literally of course.)
RE: Clinton and Trump...
Well, I mean, there's a significant portion of the world's population that can be traced right back to Genghis Khan because he spread his genes out to so many people. When you get into population dynamics, it's pretty unsurprising that folks share some not-too-distant ancestors. Just go back far enough and we're all African anyway.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Drumpf and his KKK supporters aren't going to want to hear that shit, man.
The question should rather be, do you want a professional or an idiot crook at the helm of the most powerful nation in terms of economics as well as militarily. And the winner would be Clinton. The other one is just a ludicrous example of what is able to walk on two legs.

Well, to stress it again, that's not to say, Clinton is good.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
This is not really about politics guys and gals. It is something that blows my mind in a way. For example, the population in 1066 in the United Kingdom was just over 3 million people. Yet, we would need to go back roughly 30 generations to get back to our ancestors from 1066...this is equal to 1,073,741,824 ancestors not counting aunts or uncles or cousins. This would be incredible since the world population around that time was roughly 350-400 million. It is weird just to think about it, that only one person has that amount of ancestors in between, and a neighbour has exactly the same.
(August 30, 2016 at 4:05 pm)RobertE Wrote: This is not really about politics guys and gals. It is something that blows my mind in a way. For example, the population in 1066 in the United Kingdom was just over 3 million people. Yet, we would need to go back roughly 30 generations to get back to our ancestors from 1066...this is equal to 1,073,741,824 ancestors not counting aunts or uncles or cousins. This would be incredible since the world population around that time was roughly 350-400 million. It is weird just to think about it, that only one person has that amount of ancestors in between, and a neighbour has exactly the same.

It's why I'm never terribly impressed when someone says my 9th great-grandmother's sister was blah, blah (someone famous). Maybe that's an American thing to say things like that. It's no big deal because there are thousands of other living people who can say the exact same thing.
(August 30, 2016 at 8:59 pm)Tres Leches Wrote:
(August 30, 2016 at 4:05 pm)RobertE Wrote: This is not really about politics guys and gals. It is something that blows my mind in a way. For example, the population in 1066 in the United Kingdom was just over 3 million people. Yet, we would need to go back roughly 30 generations to get back to our ancestors from 1066...this is equal to 1,073,741,824 ancestors not counting aunts or uncles or cousins. This would be incredible since the world population around that time was roughly 350-400 million. It is weird just to think about it, that only one person has that amount of ancestors in between, and a neighbour has exactly the same.

It's why I'm never terribly impressed when someone says my 9th great-grandmother's sister was blah, blah (someone famous). Maybe that's an American thing to say things like that. It's no big deal because there are thousands of other living people who can say the exact same thing.

... never mind wondering how many of those claims are fatuous.

(August 30, 2016 at 3:56 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Drumpf and his KKK supporters aren't going to want to hear that shit, man.

Yes, all Trump supporters are members of the KKK.

Rolleyes
(August 30, 2016 at 9:06 pm)Bella Morte Wrote:
(August 30, 2016 at 3:56 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Drumpf and his KKK supporters aren't going to want to hear that shit, man.

Yes, all Trump supporters are members of the KKK.

Rolleyes

Oh stop with the sarcasm, Bella. We all know you're wearing your pointy white hood while typing. Tongue
I don't believe you. Get over it.
I really wish Clinton and Trump would just fuck already. The tension is getting unbearable.... Devil
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"