Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 10, 2024, 5:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fuck These Corporate Cocksuckers!
Fuck These Corporate Cocksuckers!
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/09/its-labo...tain-them/

Quote:It’s Labor Day weekend — but the wealthy think they owe nothing to the people who sustain them
Quote:Maybe Labor Day is a good time to clue them into one big reality behind this so-called “recovery:” Most Americans haven’t recovered. Not by a long shot. In June, median household income was still $3,400 less than in 2007, when Wall Street’s crash started the collapse of our real economy.
Why are working people still so far down? Take a peek at those new jobs the economists are hailing. They’re really “jobettes,” paying only poverty-level wages, with no benefits or upward mobility. In the recession, about 60 percent of the jobs we lost were middle-wage positions, paying approximately $14 to $21 an hour. Most of those jobs have not come back. Instead, of the jobs created since the recovery began, nearly six out of 10 are low-wage, paying less than $14 an hour. A central fact of the new American economy is that working-class people are increasingly unable to make a living from their jobs.
To grasp this widening inequity, befuddled economists might bite into a burger or pizza. Seven of the 12 biggest corporations that pay their workers the least are fast-food giants. Yum! is one. It’s a conglomerate that owns Pizza Hut, KFC, and Taco Bell. Workers don’t find these chains so yummy; for pay averages $7.50 an hour, with no health care, pensions, etc. In contrast, Yum!’s CEO hauls off about $20 million a year, even as even as he dispatches lobbyists to oppose any hike in our nation’s miserly minimum wage.
RE: Fuck These Corporate Cocksuckers!
This is my story. 08 killed my career, a district manager looking to vault into the corporate management structure. Instead, my stores were sold off, and I was offered a position by the new owners paying half what I had been making. Fast forward seven years, I'm making about 65% of what I had been, and working longer hours to earn it.

But I bet the bosses are cleaning up!
(September 2, 2016 at 10:31 pm)Minimalist Wrote: But I bet the bosses are cleaning up!

Yeah, until the damages for the Deepwater Horizon hit ... who says there ain't no karma?

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/09/wells-fa...parachute/

Quote:Wells Fargo exec who oversaw fake customer accounts scam gets $125 million golden parachute

Quote:All the same, given that Wells Fargo just fired thousands of workers in the wake of the scandal, it’s fair to question whether the timing of her exit was a coincidence.

Scumbags.
I started the process of pulling all of my accounts from Wells Fargo this morning. Once it's done, they're going to get a very angry "fuck you" letter from a former customer.
[Image: clap03.gif]

Of course, the other banks aren't much better.   As Bertolt Brecht said:  “What is the robbing of a bank compared to the founding of a bank?

Maybe a credit union?
(September 12, 2016 at 6:01 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Of course, the other banks aren't much better.   As Bertolt Brecht said:  “What is the robbing of a bank compared to the founding of a bank?

Maybe a credit union?

For now, my money is going into my brokerage cash management account. I've been with them for 20 years and there hasn't been a hint of malfeasance with respect to the stewardship of my money - that's not to say that they have clean hands, of course.

I'll start looking at local credit unions once I am finished firing Wells Fargo.
Nothing for nothing but fuck Labor Day!

I work hard and my equipment works hard. When shit breaks down I need to fix/replace it right away and I can't when everything is closed! It's not called Take a Break Day or Day off Day, but it should be called Laborious Day because it make my job much harder!

How about half off all hardware, socks and work boots? That would actually help the common laborer!

Assholes...
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
The more technology and efficiency cuts labor, the newer jobs have to pay better regardless of the bullshit word "skill". There is no such thing as a job that does not require skill. There are simply jobs that require different knowledge deeper detail. The assholes who look down on low level retail and food service or manual labor are the assholes who don't want to do it for a living. Fine, but someone DOES have to do it and those people do not deserve to be slaves to work. Pay inequity has to exist to some degree. But nobody deserves to be below poverty wages. It isn't skill it is the pay gap between the top and bottom.

And you cannot keep cutting back hours. It is getting fucking absurd. At what point do we stop, when everyone is working 40 jobs? And the "starter" job is a bullshit line. Take a close look at the ages of those behind the counter at your McDonalds, it isn't just pimple faced teens. I always want to know from these "starter job" fuckfaces who they think does the work when the teens and college students are in class?

The bottom line is workers poor and middle class need better pay PERIOD. And the assholes who say it will hurt them don't seem to understand what they think they'd lose in having to pay more, would be made up in volume in BUYERS because the workforce would have more to spend.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does rasising the corporate tax rate help or hurt? jasonelijah 16 879 March 30, 2021 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Fuck them BrokenQuill92 1 430 October 27, 2020 at 12:38 am
Last Post: Sal
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1728 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  What is that fat Orange fuck hiding ? GODZILLA 35 2993 February 18, 2019 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Judge Tells The WLB to Go Fuck Himself Minimalist 0 873 October 25, 2018 at 5:18 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Then Fuck God. Minimalist 10 1440 October 2, 2018 at 11:01 am
Last Post: GUBU
  So I guess since the GOP is in power now they really don't give a fuck about this now GODZILLA 3 1246 June 29, 2018 at 7:36 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Fuck You, You Orange Piece of Shit Minimalist 24 3104 June 18, 2018 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Just Run of the Mill Corruption With These Scumbags Minimalist 8 1961 May 10, 2018 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Yeah, We Know, Charlie. But These Are Your Friends Minimalist 3 1019 March 28, 2018 at 9:10 am
Last Post: vorlon13