Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just Run of the Mill Corruption With These Scumbags
Just Run of the Mill Corruption With These Scumbags
https://www.rawstory.com/2018/05/michael...companies/

Quote:Michael Cohen tried to use his relationship with Trump to score major cash from AT&T and other companies

Quote:Not long after President Donald Trump entered the White House, his former campaign manager Corey Lewandowski started a lobbying firm and pitched himself as the man with personal access to the president. Ultimately, he was ousted at the firm when it was revealed he was selling his influence. Now it seems Trump’s lawyer Michael Cohen has done the same.
Cohen scored hefty cash from Novartis, collecting $1.2 million for a lobbying contract. However, it was also revealed that they weren’t the only one. According to CNN, Cohen scored cash from AT&T, who was contacted by special counsel Robert Mueller’s team.

“Telecommunications conglomerate AT&T publicly acknowledged this week that it hired Cohen for a simple reason: to gain ‘insights’ into the new President and his administration,” reported CNN. “AT&T paid Cohen at least $200,000 in 2017, according to a source familiar with the matter.”

They all belong in jail....in the same cell as the WLB.
RE: Just Run of the Mill Corruption With These Scumbags
You catch the foreign company that swore it paid Cohen for accounting advice, lol?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
He's apparently just as much of an accountant as he is a lawyer.
I have a book written by Kilgore Trout (a pseudonym for Robert Silverberg, IIRC), titled "Venus on the Half Shell". One chapter in the book concerns the "Prison Planet", where everyone has been caught at some peccadillo or another. Everyone has jobs in the prison, so the prison managers effectively run the planet. The more I see who Cheeto von Tweeto runs with, the more I harken back to that story. Pretty soon we'll have a country run by the inmates. Dodgy
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(May 9, 2018 at 11:13 pm)Fireball Wrote: I have a book written by Kilgore Trout (a pseudonym for Robert Silverberg, IIRC), titled "Venus on the Half Shell". One chapter in the book concerns the "Prison Planet", where everyone has been caught at some peccadillo or another. Everyone has jobs in the prison, so the prison managers effectively run the planet. The more I see who Cheeto von Tweeto runs with, the more I harken back to that story. Pretty soon we'll have a country run by the inmates. Dodgy

Philip José Farmer used thst pseudonym when writing the book. It was in homage to Kurt Vonnegut who had a character of that name in pretty much all of his novels (named in honour of Theodore Sturgeon).

The more you know.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
The swamp seems to be assimilating Trumply-ites faster than Trumply is draining it . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

What would anyone expect from a mafia clown like the WLB?
Apparently, they expected him to save them from all of the things that people like him were doing to them, that and the mexicans.   Rolleyes
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 10, 2018 at 11:57 am)Wololo Wrote:
(May 9, 2018 at 11:13 pm)Fireball Wrote: I have a book written by Kilgore Trout (a pseudonym for Robert Silverberg, IIRC), titled "Venus on the Half Shell". One chapter in the book concerns the "Prison Planet", where everyone has been caught at some peccadillo or another. Everyone has jobs in the prison, so the prison managers effectively run the planet. The more I see who Cheeto von Tweeto runs with, the more I harken back to that story. Pretty soon we'll have a country run by the inmates. Dodgy

Philip José Farmer used thst pseudonym when writing the book.  It was in homage to Kurt Vonnegut who had a character of that name in pretty much all of his novels (named in honour of Theodore Sturgeon).

The more you know.

Thanks, I was drawing a blank on that.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The trains run on time. Brian37 27 1997 March 3, 2020 at 9:18 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Is corruption mostly a good thing? FlatAssembler 26 1875 December 16, 2019 at 9:28 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  What do you think all these GOP senators get in return for brown nosing Trump? A Godzilla fan 15 1577 September 30, 2019 at 11:52 am
Last Post: A Godzilla fan
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 930 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Should Hilary Run In The Next Election (The Unbiased Version) Amarok 67 9257 July 25, 2018 at 9:51 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Should Hillary Run in 2020? John V 40 6175 July 19, 2018 at 11:22 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Yeah, We Know, Charlie. But These Are Your Friends Minimalist 3 1001 March 28, 2018 at 9:10 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  President scandals or President corruption? Coveny 9 2498 March 22, 2018 at 9:04 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  I posed a question for these flag loving Trumpsters and they did not like it NuclearEnergy 23 5511 September 29, 2017 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: JackRussell
  The Crazies Will Run This Poor Bastard Out of the Republicunt Party Minimalist 0 426 September 28, 2017 at 9:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist