Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 2:27 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbynites threaten Jewish MP
Corbynites threaten Jewish MP
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...llows.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/09/...eces-of-a/

Quote:A Jewish Labour MP revealed today that she received more than 20,000 abusive messages from Jeremy Corbyn supporters in just 12 hours after she criticised him.

Ruth Smeeth said Mr Corbyn had failed to do enough to combat anti-Semitism among his supporters and said he should be 'naming and shaming' the 'unacceptable' abuse sent to her and other Labour moderates 'in his name'.

Some of the abuse is so bad that counter-terrorism police have launched an investigation into a fanatic who has threatened to hang Ms Smeeth from the gallows.

Ms Smeeth, Labour MP for Stoke-on-Trent, is reportedly receiving special protection from police after receiving the foul-mouthed death threat on Facebook.

She was branded a 'dyke' and a 'CIA agent' in the highly offensive rant.

The abuser accuses her of 'treason' and says the gallows would be a 'fine and fitting place' for her.
RE: Corbynites threaten Jewish MP
Here's another source:

http://www.timesofisrael.com/jewish-mp-s...i-semites/
Just... wow. Wtf?
I don't believe you. Get over it.
Sadly, that's the norm these days. Threatening emails and social media messages targeting the roots of any given politician, if they're not coming from the red blooded mainstream. Third generation migrants with turkish or Palestinian background as well as jews. The extraordinary thing about this story is that it's obviously coming from the more primitive membership of the own party. Usually it's other party affiliates attacking them.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
The world is more polarised now than it has been for a long time. Why can't we all just get along.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(September 3, 2016 at 11:18 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: The world is more polarised now than it has been for a long time. Why can't we all just get along.

I don't really accept that at all. I mean we are only a couple decades removed from the cold war. That's a polarized world. Only a few decades removed from segregation and apartheid, that's a polarized world. Only a couple generations removed from a time when you never knew when France and Germany would be at war with one another. That's a polarized world.

I think by any decent definition of the word, people get along better today then they ever have in history. It's just that if you choose to focus on the negative, that is all you are going to see.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(September 3, 2016 at 11:18 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: The world is more polarised now than it has been for a long time. Why can't we all just get along.

Because those fucking republicunts are bastards!
(September 3, 2016 at 12:09 pm)Minimalist Wrote:

Because those fucking republicunts are bastards!

This isn't even about Republicans.

Corbynites are basically commies.
(September 3, 2016 at 12:05 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: I don't really accept that at all. I mean we are only a couple decades removed from the cold war.

I case you haven't noticed, but we're smack in the middle. At least the ones in power do their best to give that appearance. And believe someone who grew up in the last one. It has that specific ring already. Minus the tight borders. But I guess, we're getting there too.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(September 3, 2016 at 12:05 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote:

I don't really accept that at all. I mean we are only a couple decades removed from the cold war. That's a polarized world. Only a few decades removed from segregation and apartheid, that's a polarized world. Only a couple generations removed from a time when you never knew when France and Germany would be at war with one another. That's a polarized world.

I think by any decent definition of the word, people get along better today then they ever have in history. It's just that if you choose to focus on the negative, that is all you are going to see.
The cold war was a period of relative political stability and mainly restricted to governments but the polarisation is now personal. the rise of the right across Europe and another bout of isolationism from the US seeming likely. I've seen it myself with people who for years I thought of as nice people allowing their intolerance to surface, it's been sudden and rather taken me back.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump threaten to flee the country Anomalocaris 40 2987 October 21, 2020 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Somewhere in Israel a Jewish Mueller, KUDOS Brian37 0 249 March 5, 2018 at 8:38 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Jewish Center bomb threats made by a Jew. brewer 5 896 March 23, 2017 at 10:02 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Jewish Cemetaries Vandalized, Jewish Schools Receive Bomb Threats Secular Elf 5 1002 February 28, 2017 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: abaris