Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 9:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your favourite TV show is racist challenge.
Your favourite TV show is racist challenge.
I came up with a little challenge.

Try and find a TV show that hasn't been accused of racism on any website easily found by google.  

All you have to do is type the TV show name into google followed by the word racist, see if anything comes up.

I think I found one with no accusations, and it took me around 5 tries.  After trying around 15 other tv shows which were all accused of racism I then found another one.

Let's say if someone can find three in a row with no accusations they win the challenge.  It's a challenge that relies a bit on honesty.

I'll go into detail about which ones I found with no racist accusations and my other attempts later.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

RE: Your favourite TV show is racist challenge.
Everybody and everything gets accused of racism these days. It's also mostly white people calling other white people racist. It's so overused that it sadly has become totally meaningless for something to be called racist. I think we would be better off having the word racist meaning something of substance. I think it needs to invoke imagines of hoods and burning crosses and hitler. Instead it's meaning has been expanded to the point that every tv is considered racist. The meaning has become so broad that it mostly invokes eyerolls. Even Islam will call people 'racist' for opposing a religion.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
I tried a few shows - The Honeymooners, Blackish (hella funny, by the way) and The Cosby Show and of course "racism" came up too.
I also got over 92,000,000 Google hits on the word "racism". So with a little mathematics and statistical thinking, one might surmise that any topic at all could be "connected" to racism on Google. Go on, try it.
Race is always a hot topic and people never tire of talking about it, it seems.
Well the two I managed to find were Sister Sister, and Moesha.  I couldn't easily find even a slight accusation of racism from these shows.

The only thing that came up in relation to these shows and racism is one person saying white people didn't like Moesha probably because she was too ethnic and not rich enough (Which is weird because I thought her family was rich) and one of the cast of sister sister was a victim of racism.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

(September 13, 2016 at 11:37 pm)CapnAwesome Wrote: Everybody and everything gets accused of racism these days. It's also mostly white people calling other white people racist. It's so overused that it sadly has become totally meaningless for something to be called racist. I think we would be better off having the word racist meaning something of substance. I think it needs to invoke imagines of hoods and burning crosses and hitler. Instead it's meaning has been expanded to the point that every tv is considered racist. The meaning has become so broad that it mostly invokes eyerolls. Even Islam will call people 'racist' for opposing a religion.

This is really why I'm starting to hate these liberal buzzwords

"Racist" "Homophobic" "Islamophobic" ... "bigot"

They're just fashionable words of absolutely no substance on their own, you can throw at someone to shut them up because nobody wants to be called them.

There's no real argument there. Instead, explain to someone how and why what they said wasn't correct or should be re-considered, that goes further than the name-calling.
"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the road, and then getting hit by an airplane"  - sarcasm_only

"Ironically like the nativist far-Right, which despises multiculturalism, but benefits from its ideas of difference to scapegoat the other and to promote its own white identity politics; these postmodernists, leftists, feminists and liberals also use multiculturalism, to side with the oppressor, by demanding respect and tolerance for oppression characterised as 'difference', no matter how intolerable."
- Maryam Namazie

OP is racist
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Could be.

At the very least, he's a dismissive fuckwit.
Oh, yeah....and a race-baiter.

How's that for irony? Big Grin
(September 14, 2016 at 3:12 am)Thena323 Wrote: Could be.

At the very least, he's a dismissive fuckwit.

You're a fat menopausal old whore.

Ok, I was just commenting in jest and didn't mean to troll, but that escalated quickly...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with SMBC forum challenge question. Gawdzilla Sama 24 7412 September 12, 2023 at 6:06 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Which TV game show would you win? Fake Messiah 6 839 January 18, 2023 at 11:18 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Do you have a favourite raptor? BrianSoddingBoru4 14 924 July 31, 2020 at 1:40 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Do you have a favourite rodent? BrianSoddingBoru4 24 1726 July 26, 2020 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Gnomey
  I Beleive... I Must Be A Racist! N0RT0N 49 3098 July 25, 2020 at 1:57 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  I am going naked on here to challenge my wife to do the same. funcouple 19 1639 August 31, 2019 at 10:49 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  What's your favourite songs with sax in it? Little lunch 32 2765 June 20, 2018 at 7:53 pm
Last Post: brewer
  What's your favourite SUBWAY®? ignoramus 33 6534 April 18, 2018 at 7:41 am
Last Post: Antares
  Challenge: Plot a murder ErGingerbreadMandude 52 9470 December 25, 2017 at 5:46 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Why are people so obsessed with the show Game of Thrones? NuclearEnergy 31 6407 October 16, 2017 at 11:33 am
Last Post: Emmett