Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
In Defense of Dixie.
In Defense of Dixie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu5znlyX9uY
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
RE: In Defense of Dixie.
Yes. Contrary to popular belief, "rednecks" are capable of independent thought. I know of several who display an intense distaste for cronyism, Jesus-ism, and many other unpopular -isms associated with the South.

They just do it with a drawl.
I damn' near choked on my chew watchin' that that good ole boy talkin' all modrun and suchlike!

Thanks for posting that. I grew up down a dirt road in rural Georgia, and I love hearing Southern voices expressing intelligent thoughts.
A Gemma is forever.
Hahah, that guy really has got the accent down good. I like the idea of pretending to be an indignant, educated redneck. Good one.

(October 9, 2016 at 5:41 pm)Thena323 Wrote: Yes. Contrary to popular belief, "rednecks" are capable of independent thought. I know of several who display an intense distaste for cronyism, Jesus-ism, and many other unpopular -isms associated with the South.

-damn right we do, and on that day, many panties melt to the floor.   Wink

People do though, assume that were stuck in some sort of ridiculous time machine. We got the internet out here too, now, yall.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I am a Boston born Yankee living in the rural south. There is no way I am ever moving back up north where all them northern rednecks are. They tip over school buses full of black children in Boston. Down here I see a lot of inter- racial dating going on. The food is better too. Except for the Italian food. We need a Little Italy on the Tenn-Tucky border.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(October 9, 2016 at 6:22 pm)Rhythm Wrote:
(October 9, 2016 at 5:41 pm)Thena323 Wrote: Yes. Contrary to popular belief, "rednecks" are capable of independent thought. I know of several who display an intense distaste for cronyism, Jesus-ism, and many other unpopular -isms associated with the South.

-damn right we do, and on that day, many panties melt to the floor.   Wink

Yep...the Southern drawl. Gawd, I love it!

Mine's not particularly heavy, being from a border state; at least, I don't think it is. I've had many a folk from up North tell me otherwise. At any rate, I love a strong one. Almost got hypnotized into going out with a fella from Louisiana a few years back, as a direct result of him laying that damn drawl on me...so mesmerizing.

It was ridiculous.

The spell was broken, when he casually let it slip that he was here due to an arrest warrant being issued in his home state. Dodgy
Years of travel have taken my drawl, but there's enough Texanisms in my speech that folks can hear I'm a little bent. I'm told I have a little accent, but I don't hear it, of course.

Y'all never do. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Great Defense of Scientific Naturalism Justtristo 9 3254 January 3, 2011 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: HeyItsZeus
  Negative Atheism: A Defense leo-rcc 8 2154 January 12, 2010 at 12:49 am
Last Post: Amphora
  The Chewbacca Defense Edwardo Piet 10 3128 August 26, 2009 at 8:31 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet