Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 7:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Seeking solace in a mad world
Seeking solace in a mad world
Hey Forum,

I am Andy, and I just joined. Unsurprisingly, I am a liberal atheist. I live in rural North Carolina, so I keep my atheism in the closet most of the time, and I joined because I would like a place to discuss and maybe vent from time to time. No big back story... I'm a father, I teach history, I speak a little Japanese, and I can't decide between a beard or just big sideburns.

I look forward to  joining in on your discussions... Thank you!
RE: Seeking solace in a mad world
Welcome! Smile
(October 11, 2016 at 6:42 pm)atstover Wrote: I'm a father, I teach history, I speak a little Japanese, and I can't decide between a beard or just big sideburns.

Nice, I studied history, but I couldn't imagine putting up with stubborn kids. Japanese, while I don't know more than a few words, always fascinated me, since it has such a nice sound. Looking forward to discuss things with you.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(October 11, 2016 at 6:42 pm)atstover Wrote: Hey Forum,

I am Andy, and I just joined. Unsurprisingly, I am a liberal atheist. I live in rural North Carolina, so I keep my atheism in the closet most of the time, and I joined because I would like a place to discuss and maybe vent from time to time. No big back story... I'm a father, I teach history, I speak a little Japanese, and I can't decide between a beard or just big sideburns.

Welcome aboard.  Split the baby, big bushy chops?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Welcome!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Well, hello!
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
Hi Andy and welcome!  Smile
(October 11, 2016 at 6:42 pm)atstover Wrote: Hey Forum,

Grow a beard and post pics in the beard thread, you'll get lots of love, brotha.

Welcome to AF, bud.

How rural we talkin' here?
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
Welcome. You seem like an interesting guy. Very forthcoming of you to instantly set an avatar as you join the forum.

I hope you stick around. I'm sure you'll become a valuable member of the boards in no time.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheist Dad Seeking Answers Mxwll 41 8043 November 1, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: The Reality Salesman01
  Seeking a refuge... PaleoHuntr 4 1070 January 5, 2013 at 7:26 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Mad Militant Mad Militant 12 2471 July 21, 2011 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  I come here seeking sanity True Unbeliever 8 3235 January 19, 2009 at 7:33 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet