Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 3:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Natural Selection Strikes Again
Natural Selection Strikes Again
To the annoyance of idiot creationists everywhere, no doubt.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/1953...killer-bug

Quote:A BRITISH expert may have found the cure to a parasite that is wiping out honeybees worldwide.

Retired heating engineer Ron Hoskins is breeding bees that groom themselves – and kill deadly mites in the process.

and,

Quote:It happened after he spotted one of his hives had far fewer varroa deaths. He found that these bees had successfully groomed each other, removing and killing the mites.

Left to its own devices, evolution would have rewarded only those bees which learned to groom themselves with survival while those that did not were wiped out by the mites. Mr. Hoskins efforts to spread the benefit of this triumph of natural selection is a true example of "intelligent design." As opposed to the so-called god of the creationists who gave man a tail, an appendix and put the waste disposal system in the same place as the recreation system.

God comes across as a real asshole sometimes.
RE: Natural Selection Strikes Again
Oh, you know creationists.

They'll just tell you that 'microevolution' is true but that doesn't prove 'macroevolution.'
Or that genetic engineering or selective breeding or (whatever other synonym for inducing the expression of certain genes over others) whatever isn't the same as natural evolution.

... or whatever BS they've cooked up.

Still, this is awesome news. Yesterday I learned that we may be on the verge of a cure for HIV due to an ape's natural immunity and now the worrying deaths of an exceptionally important member of the world's ecosystem may be possibly averted.

To quote Ian Malcolm from Jurassic Park - "Life finds a way..."
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
Quote:Oh, you know creationists.

Indeed....and dismiss them for the fools they are.
Fuck that's cool man, we had some dick's bring Veroa into our country a few years back - This will be good news for a shit load of Kiwi beekeepers (there are many).
(August 25, 2010 at 9:40 pm)Minimalist Wrote: As opposed to the so-called god of the creationists who gave man a tail, an appendix and put the waste disposal system in the same place as the recreation system.

My emphasis.

I don't know about you, but my recreation system (I assume you mean genitals) is not in the same place as my waste disposal system (I assume you mean ass). They're apart thankfully and I can appreciate that.

(August 26, 2010 at 3:28 am)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: I don't know about you, but my recreation system (I assume you mean genitals) is not in the same place as my waste disposal system (I assume you mean ass). They're apart thankfully and I can appreciate that.

I'm just going to interject by stating that we men do have another waste disposal system that exits out our 'procreation system'.

though on a related note, humans are most decidedly not built with any kind of perfection. I'm sure future geneticists will come up designs for the human body that nature has come up with so far. Our body is littered with unnecessary relics, like an ancient house that has been refurbished and renovated again and again over the years.

... made in god's image (a supposedly perfect being) my ass.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
(August 26, 2010 at 3:28 am)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote:
(August 25, 2010 at 9:40 pm)Minimalist Wrote: As opposed to the so-called god of the creationists who gave man a tail, an appendix and put the waste disposal system in the same place as the recreation system.

My emphasis.

I don't know about you, but my recreation system (I assume you mean genitals) is not in the same place as my waste disposal system (I assume you mean ass). They're apart thankfully and I can appreciate that.

Are you saying you never go for a piss EV? If that is the case, consult your doctor immediately.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
(August 26, 2010 at 3:28 am)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote:

My emphasis.

Think liquid waste.
Rofl, I can't believe I didn't think of that.

I guess it's because I forget things sometimes while I'm here visiting this planet pretending to be an earthling.
Big Grin

Wait till you get old, Evie.

Happens all the time!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Rape Natural? Part 2, 2014 Edition Whateverist 91 12881 August 6, 2014 at 4:00 am
Last Post: Mystical
  Is rape natural? Creed of Heresy 138 66636 July 12, 2014 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: ShaMan
  RE:Is rape natural? Ever 15 3984 May 29, 2014 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: Ksa
  Evolution VS Natural Selection [minute physics] pocaracas 2 1295 January 25, 2014 at 4:19 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Is artificial selection considered "evolution"? DeistPaladin 43 18536 March 13, 2012 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  mRNA strikes again popeyespappy 1 1105 January 9, 2012 at 12:53 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  DNA, IC, natural selection and debating a Creationist MarcusF 11 4156 June 8, 2011 at 6:31 am
Last Post: MarcusF