Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 8:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Oh, ffs.
Oh, ffs.
Don't these people have anything worthwhile to do?

Vatican Bans keeping loved ones ashes at home.

It isn't enough that they want to control how you're conceived, born, live, learn, love, marry and die, NOW they want to tell you what you can or cannot do with the ashes of your dear departed.

Dear Vatican:

Shut the fuck up, and give that Ethiopian kid a sandwich.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: Oh, ffs.
Pope: "Of course my child...right after I shit in my golden toilet with a diamond crusted handle in a golden bathroom."
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
I don't see why you're so offended. Let the idiots who care what the Vatican says worry about this "ban", the rest of us couldn't give a fuck.
(October 25, 2016 at 5:07 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I don't  see why you're so offended. Let the idiots who care what the Vatican says worry about this "ban", the rest of us couldn't give a fuck.

Because dictating what private individuals do is anathema to me. Edicts like this do nothing more than increase sorrow and suffering, whereas the stated purpose of most Christian sects is solace and succor.

If you like, you can go to 'Dearly Departed' thread and announce that you're taking a break while you look up 'anathema'.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 25, 2016 at 5:16 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(October 25, 2016 at 5:07 pm)Excited Penguin Wrote: I don't  see why you're so offended. Let the idiots who care what the Vatican says worry about this "ban", the rest of us couldn't give a fuck.

Because dictating what private individuals do is anathema to me.  Edicts like this do nothing more than increase sorrow and suffering, whereas the stated purpose of most Christian sects is solace and succor.  

If you like, you can go to 'Dearly Departed' thread and announce that you're taking a break while you look up 'anathema'.

Boru

I care and am offended. Now I wonder how this will personally effect some of the people I'm friends with. Some have had the cremains on the mantle for years. Pretty insensitive oh the church is you ask me.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 25, 2016 at 5:16 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Because dictating what private individuals do is anathema to me.

Boru

You need to subscribe to the franchise to give a shit. And if you subscribe to the franchise you already have to deal with all kinds of regulations, so it's not exactly as if you hadn't been warned.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
My mother is still a practicing Catholic, and has my grans ashes in an urn where she lives with her sister. They basically built a little shrine around her ashes, with portraits of her at all ages, and a few mementos like a bottle of her perfume and the stubs of her plane tickets from when she went to Hawaii. I hope my mom doesn't hear about this, she already had one stroke this year.
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead

Because it is NONE OF THEIR FUCKING BUSINESS.
(October 25, 2016 at 5:59 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Because it is NONE OF THEIR FUCKING BUSINESS.

In for a penny, in for a pound, as they say. Catholics accept them to be the ones running their lives. So, it is their business if you're subscribing to the man with the funny hat being their guide.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
Sometimes stupid people have to be protected from themselves.

Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Oh, FFS...More Bullshit Minimalist 8 1991 February 11, 2014 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Minimalist