Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 7:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Maher Spells It Out
Bill Maher Spells It Out
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/billl-ma...-smell-it/

Quote:Bill Maher drops truth bomb on why people are ditching religion: They know bullshit when they smell it

Quote:Americans are jumping ship when it comes to religion, according to new data from the Public Religion Research Institute.
And Bill Maher is here to translate exactly what it all means. The study found that 39 percent of young adults have no religious affiliation, and that the number is nearly four times higher among young adults today than ever before.
So what does it all mean?
According to Maher, the 60 percent of people who “stopped believing in the religion’s teachings” are doing so because, “I know bullshit when I smell it.”
RE: Bill Maher Spells It Out
... not to mention the fact that as numbers of nonbelieving parents grow, the number of indoctrinated children shrinks.

Time and demographics are working against religion.

(October 25, 2016 at 11:46 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.rawstory.com/2016/10/billl-ma...-smell-it/

Quote:Bill Maher drops truth bomb on why people are ditching religion: They know bullshit when they smell it

Quote:Americans are jumping ship when it comes to religion, according to new data from the Public Religion Research Institute.
And Bill Maher is here to translate exactly what it all means. The study found that 39 percent of young adults have no religious affiliation, and that the number is nearly four times higher among young adults today than ever before.
So what does it all mean?
According to Maher, the 60 percent of people who “stopped believing in the religion’s teachings” are doing so because, “I know bullshit when I smell it.”

Would the 'null state' of just growing up without religion be as robust, as it were, as to growing up with it, instead, and seeing through the bullshit and finding the constitutional dedication to enable stepping away from it ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

It's happening and they are freaking out. Of course it's all part of the end times, anyhow.

I had to dress my mother down because she literally told me that she is afraid that she won't be able to worship freely in her lifetime. I think I embarrassed her with my reaction, but it was important that she hear how fucking offensive it was to hear a Christian talk about how they might have to hide their beliefs.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Hell, the fucking foundations of Christianity are grounded in Roman persecution and dripping with spilt christer blood.

You'd think a new era of being out of favor would be viewed a little more enthusiastically. Sheeesh!!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

While society is much less religious here in Germany, the big media outlets are still completely used to osculating the rump of faith, as they say. I always find it enfuriating, that when there's a discussion about the role of the church in society today and why they lose memebers constantly, what they will discuss is what the church can "offer" people today, how their message can stay "relevant" in the 21st century. The thing that will not come out of any religion editors' mouth ever is that maybe it's because their bullshit simply is not true on a fundamental level, and people realize it. I usually end up screaming at the radio, or the newspaper.

Hmm, maybe it's that the style of the Emperor's shirt sleeves is somewhat oldfashioned that has people turning away. That's probably it!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Well this is easy. We're all becoming the little boy at the end of The Emporer's New Clothes. We are pointing and laughing at the naked king. No matter how many mommies and daddies try to shush us there's always another finger pointing. "Look the king is naked!"
(October 26, 2016 at 12:00 am)SteelCurtain Wrote: It's happening and they are freaking out. Of course it's all part of the end times, anyhow.

I had to dress my mother down because she literally told me that she is afraid that she won't be able to worship freely in her lifetime. I think I embarrassed her with my reaction, but it was important that she hear how fucking offensive it was to hear a Christian talk about how they might have to hide their beliefs.

Shall retribution for the sins of the fathers be visited upon those adopted into the family generations later?

If I become a Christian tomorrow, do I have to apologize for the Inquisition?

Curious if you've looked at death tolls by different religions over the last several thousand years?
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder
(October 26, 2016 at 2:43 am)Arkilogue Wrote: Curious if you've looked at death tolls by different religions over the last several thousand years?

Curious if you'd rather read what I actually wrote rather than pulling something out of it that is not there.

What I said had nothing whatsoever to do with persecution by Christians in the past. It was all about the ignorance and hypocrisy in telling an atheist about how hard it is being a Christian in public.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
(October 26, 2016 at 2:48 am)SteelCurtain Wrote:
(October 26, 2016 at 2:43 am)Arkilogue Wrote: Curious if you've looked at death tolls by different religions over the last several thousand years?

Curious if you'd rather read what I actually wrote rather than pulling something out of it that is not there.

What I said had nothing whatsoever to do with persecution by Christians in the past. It was all about the ignorance and hypocrisy in telling an atheist about how hard it is being a Christian in public.

Whoa, easy there MetalMembrane, you said "end times" and that your mom is afraid she won't be able to worship freely in her lifetime...and I'm sure you know the 5th seal of the Alpacalips is some serious Christian persecution.....so you can understand why I might make the inference?
"Leave it to me to find a way to be,
Consider me a satellite forever orbiting,
I knew the rules but the rules did not know me, guaranteed." - Eddie Vedder

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  OK Bill to allow parents to sue teachers if they teach anything that opposes religion Cecelia 28 2041 February 20, 2022 at 3:58 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Bill Maher: New Rules 9-28-18 Minimalist 1 776 September 29, 2018 at 5:47 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Funny Highlights from Ken Ham vs Bill Nye Salty Science 7 2271 January 27, 2017 at 9:20 am
Last Post: brewer
  Bill Maher Says It. Tax the Fucking Churches! Minimalist 29 5469 April 20, 2016 at 4:36 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Dr. Bill Warner - A Taste of Islam (Video) mralstoner 0 2051 April 25, 2014 at 10:58 am
Last Post: mralstoner
  Bill Nye Found Dead. Suspect apprehended claims "God made me do it" Gooders1002 30 6571 February 24, 2014 at 4:46 am
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Church of the Holy Sepulchre in row over water bill frankiej 6 2570 November 3, 2012 at 4:11 pm
Last Post: LastPoet