Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's in your Library ?
What's in your Library ?
I'll start, the idea is to list (and comment if you want) on religious books you own.

I have a NIV Bible

A KJV 1611

Not The Bible

Mormonism: Shadow or Reality?

Mormonism: A Study of Mormon History and Doctrine

Crisis of Conscience*

Is That in the Bible ?**

The Book of the Bible**

2 family Bibles have passed down to me, they're in storage, prolly wind up on my estate sale someday

I have some catechism study books, never looked at them

I have a study book on confirmation in Methodism, in the house somewhere

* high level defector from Jehovah's Witnesses writes of his being kicked out of the faith

** interesting topical looks into various items in the bible, Is That in The Bible is actually a great reference. 
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: What's in your Library ?
I've probably spent the most time studying Mormonism: Shadow or Reality, it is really a GREAT book. And realizing it's applicability to religion in general was a big step in my developing atheism.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Lots of anti-jesus stuff.
NIV Bible, nothing else. My bookshelf space doesn't get wasted on claptrap so far as I arrange it.

[reply is to post #3]

Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass
Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass vol. 2
Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass, The Next Generation
Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass Goes Hawaiian
Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass With 2 Girls and 1 Cup
Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass, The Early Years
Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass, A New Beginning
Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass, The Wrath of Satan
Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass Into Darkness
Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass, The Unaired Pilot Episode!
Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass, and Other Drawings
Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass With Spam, Spam, Baked Beans, and Spam
Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass vs MechaGodzilla
Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass Fucks Mohammad in the Butt
Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass, Pat Robertson

Two Catholic Bibles, a KJV, the Book of Mormon, a Rig Veda, 'Asimov's Guide To The Bible' (which is more in line with historiography than with religion), a Kalevala, an absolutely beautiful Q'ran (which I cannot read), some Ulster Cycle stuff, and a pretty fair collection of Greek, Norse, and African mythologies.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Hey thanks there, Brian!

I have Asimovs Guide to the Bible too. Just forgot I had it.

Mostly ag shit, with children's books thrown in for good measure. I used to have a badass kindle library, a few thousand nyt bestsellers, and a few thousand books on various sciences...but I lost the usb and don't feel like stealing it all again.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 6, 2016 at 7:03 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: [reply is to post #3]

Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass
Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass vol. 2
Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass, The Next Generation
Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass Goes Hawaiian
Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass With 2 Girls and 1 Cup
Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass, The Early Years
Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass, A New Beginning
Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass, The Wrath of Satan
Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass Into Darkness
Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass, The Unaired Pilot Episode!
Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass, and Other Drawings
Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass With Spam, Spam, Baked Beans, and Spam
Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass vs MechaGodzilla
Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass Fucks Mohammad in the Butt
Go Blow Jesus Out Your Ass, Pat Robertson

This might be the funniest thing (apart from my own posts) that I've read here in a long, long time.

Boru, aka 'Captain Humble'
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
Go blow it out your . . .