Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Trump Tracker
The Trump Tracker
I believe the same software was used to track Justin Trudeau's election promises, and here's one for Trump: https://trumptracker.github.io/

Honestly though, skimming through some of his policy promises, there are quite a few I'd stand behind:

Propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;
A requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;
A 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;
A lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;
A complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.
I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership

There's quite a few on there, the above are just from the first page.
RE: The Trump Tracker
well, not taking the lobbyists out and lining them up against a brick wall and shooting them seems a little bit too much like coddling them.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Have there been similar ones of these done for Obama? Would be interested to see how it would compare in 4 years time.
Politifact has one: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/.../obameter/
(November 12, 2016 at 3:14 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Honestly though, skimming through some of his policy promises, there are quite a few I'd stand behind:

As I always say, you don't get the chance to be picky choosy with these guys. You have to buy the whole package. There certainly are rightwing politicians claiming to do one or two things I can stand behind too, but it would mean buying more than 90 percent of claims I would be ashamed to be associated with.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
nice corollary to the Pinocchio thing
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

and no, I did not get to keep my doctor

(November 12, 2016 at 3:30 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: and no, I did not get to keep my doctor

and it is not affordable.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
You know what I'd like to see when he's trying to get congressional term limits? How about making it so that Congress can't stick riders into bills, or remove entire sections. A bill should be passed as it was first presented, and if it doesn't pass, it has to go back to the drawing board.

I feel like too many bills (including Obamacare) were ruined because they were changed too many times before being voted on. It's like asking a really good architect to design a house, and then letting a load of your friends modify sections of the blueprint before building it, and then blaming the architect when parts of the house start collapsing.
(November 12, 2016 at 3:36 pm)A Theist Wrote:
(November 12, 2016 at 3:30 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: and no, I did not get to keep my doctor

and it is not affordable.

It honestly seems to depend on how poor you are and where you live (because some states rejected the money they were supposed to use for boosting healthcare). There are 20 million people who couldn't afford insurance before, that are now insured.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1060 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36908 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3160 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is Trump's election bad for Trump's businesses? Jehanne 22 4127 November 15, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: CWoods
  Donald Trump's doctor regrets saying "Trump will be the healtheist president" ReptilianPeon 3 1682 August 30, 2016 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Stephen Colbert...Trump Debates Trump Minimalist 2 1273 January 30, 2016 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Chad32