Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 6:55 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimalist said...
Minimalist said...
...that I should say hi here. 

Hi. 

Atheist, centrist, father, middle-aged, gun owner/yet against guns; horrified at recent election/disgusted with those who didn't bother to vote who voted for Obama last time. Sorry, I'm way preoccupied with the election results right now, so I'm afraid I'm gonna be a one-note instrument for awhile. 

I'll try to do better. 

Thanks for having me. Smile
RE: Minimalist said...
Hello there, and welcome to the forums.

I, too, am appalled and outraged, no longer at the blatant racism that was just allowed to happen, but more at millennials and progressives who didn't get out and vote.

But that is all for another thread. Welcome aboard!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
That's what I'm really pissed about too---people who should have been slam-dunk voters for Hillary didn't get out and vote. It makes me want to vomit. We could've had the Presidency and the Senate, but instead... as you said, there are other threads for this. Smile
Welcome!
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Heyas! Politics run rampant here, so I'm sure you'll enjoy that.
Welcome Smile

I'm not sure what a centrist is, but I'll have to give it a try. Sounds fun!
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Welcome aboard. You couldn't shut me up about the election on Tuesday. Of course I'm still interested to know what went wrong, though I think I have a fairly accurate picture now. Still, enough is enough for me, for now. I'm sure plenty of others will be eager to talk about it now though.
Welcome.
Welcome! and save your soul.
nothing you idiots, minimalist is dead, he's locked in my basement!

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Noob, there I said it Captain Monkeyshines 24 3697 May 28, 2015 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf