Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 9:09 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Politically Toxic
Politically Toxic
I agree politically correctness is out of hand at times.

However... Just because an idea has been deemed politically incorrect by the politically correct does not make an idea a good idea when a the politically incorrect reject political correctness.

Some ideas are simply politically/ socially/ and personally toxic.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: Politically Toxic
It all depends on what you call PC. I consider many PC appeals to be a crock of shit. Better for an asshole to let it all out than to create a festering social wound turning gangrenous at a later time.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(November 18, 2016 at 9:32 pm)abaris Wrote: It all depends on what you call PC. I consider many PC appeals to be a crock of shit. Better for an asshole to let it all out than to create a festering social wound turning gangrenous at a later time.

"Festering social wound" caused by toxic ideas ?

(November 18, 2016 at 9:46 pm)chimp3 Wrote: "Festering social wound" caused by toxic ideas ?

Like putting a band aid over a festering wound. It covers it up, but at a later time you will have to face the consequences being that much worse than the original wound would have been if treated correctly.

I'd say, let them spew their hatred and deal with it accordingly instead of policing language. If people are able to fly their real colors, less innocent bystanders would fall for seemingly innocent rhetoric.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(November 18, 2016 at 9:08 pm)chimp3 Wrote: I agree politically correctness is out of hand at times.

However... Just because an idea has been deemed politically incorrect by the politically correct does not make an idea a good idea when a the politically incorrect reject political correctness.

Some ideas are simply politically/ socially/ and personally toxic.

uh . . .

wut ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(November 18, 2016 at 9:08 pm)chimp3 Wrote: However... Just because an idea has been deemed politically incorrect by the politically correct does not make an idea a good idea when a the politically incorrect reject political correctness.

um. . . Sentence structure is a thing.
Check out this analyzation of South Park's season 19, which was all about PC.  I know it's a little long, but it's worth it.

Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I kinda didn't absorb the full gestalt of season 19, and 20 is looking to not being really digestible to me either.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Wasn't the idea of PC to create a safe unoppressive environment for X by regulating speech? Not so much fighting the root cause?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(November 18, 2016 at 9:49 pm)abaris Wrote:
(November 18, 2016 at 9:46 pm)chimp3 Wrote: "Festering social wound" caused by toxic ideas ?

Like putting a band aid over a festering wound. It covers it up, but at a later time you will have to face the consequences being that much worse than the original wound would have been if treated correctly.

I'd say, let them spew their hatred and deal with it accordingly instead of policing language. If people are able to fly their real colors, less innocent bystanders would fall for seemingly innocent rhetoric.

I am not advocating policing language. I am criticizing those with shitty ideas who feel vindicated when political correctness is criticized. A shitty idea is still a shitty idea.