Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The fake war on Christmas starts again....
The fake war on Christmas starts again....
The non existent war created by the fear mongering right is rearing it's ugly head once again.

Ironic but if these morons lived in an Islamic state, they have to know in many places, even if you are not Muslim, you cant eat in public during Ramadan.

Jews have 8 days but you don't hear them going around screaming, "SAY HAPPY HANUKKAH MOTHERFUCKER!".

Christmas is a stolen holiday from other polytheistic religions celebrating the winter solstice. Atheists really could give a fuck less if you celebrate it the way you want. The logic of it is a completely different subject.

The only thing I really hate about it is how corporate America beats you up with it every other minute from Halloween to Christmas day. But no, we are not a theocracy and just because you view it one way does not mean others have to view it the same way.

CELEBRATE IT THE WAY YOU WANT, but don't fucking act like you own the planet or the country much less.
RE: The fake war on Christmas starts again....
...umm, okay!

Huh
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

I just had a local story where some morons were getting upset of the town tree being called a "Holiday Tree". This shit happens nationwide to varying degrees every year.

Same shit last year when some Christians got bent out of shape because Starbucks didn't put their religious corporate logo on their cups. They really think they should be the only religion in this country, while everyone else at best has to sit at the back of the bus.
What does that have to do with Ramadan?  And it is stupid to call it a holiday tree.  The holiday you're celebrating with the tree is Christmas.  No one's going to get triggered.  Everyone already knows what it is.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

What does that have to do with Ramadan?  And it is stupid to call it a holiday tree.  The holiday you're celebrating with the tree is Christmas.  No one's going to get triggered.  Everyone already knows what it is.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Apparently some people get triggered when it's called a 'holiday tree' though....
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
I love you Brian, but you're on the fast path to an ulcer. Deep breaths, mate.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
For me Christmas is just a delayed celebration of the solstice. 'Christmas' is just a word. What most people celebrate now in the UK is the true meaning of Christmas. Celebrating the passing of the shortest day, feasting and giving presents.
(December 1, 2016 at 11:45 am)Mister Agenda Wrote: Apparently some people get triggered when it's called a 'holiday tree' though....

BINGO

Just like if they lived in a Muslim country and ate in public during Ramadan.

Being a Christian majority does not make our country a theocracy. 

Again, Jews have 8 days but never bitch when you say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Happy Hanukkah".

But again, the entire idea on a 4 billion year old planet that one day, or one religion is the center of the planet, is absurd.

NO Christians no one should want to physically force you out of existence, your logic of your hero claims is another issue, but no, we are NOT out to get you.
(December 1, 2016 at 11:33 am)paulpablo Wrote: What does that have to do with Ramadan?  And it is stupid to call it a holiday tree.  The holiday you're celebrating with the tree is Christmas.  No one's going to get triggered.  Everyone already knows what it is.

Really.  Are big fucking pine trees a big thing in Palestine?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christmas_tree

Quote:A Christmas tree is a decorated tree, usually an evergreen conifer such as spruce, pine, or fir or an artificial tree of similar appearance, associated with the celebration of Christmas. The modern Christmas tree was developed in early modern Germany (where it is today called Weihnachtsbaum or Christbaum) with predecessors that can be traced to the 16th and possibly 15th century, in which devout Christians brought decorated trees into their homes.[1][2] It acquired popularity beyond Germany during the second half of the 19th century, at first among the upper classes

How fucking jesus-y.

I can see why the xmas nazis would be upset, though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Moral justification for the execution of criminals of war? Macoleco 184 6571 August 19, 2022 at 7:03 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  World War II vs continuation of human race noahide 70 11426 June 26, 2015 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: Iroscato