Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 12:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Worst One Yet
The Worst One Yet
(apos if someone already posted this - I looked and didn't find it)

Astronaut John Glenn Dies At 95

Maxi-bummer.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
RE: The Worst One Yet
At 95 you're allowed to give it a rest. I didn't even know he was still around.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
We've had a couple big offshore earthquakes. I thought this was notification of a third one! Closer to land to boot. 

Yeah, I heard the news of his passing earlier. Sad  As an aerospace buff, it's a sad day. But it was a good, and long, life.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
I honestly had no idea who he was, but it's sad nonetheless.
Yeah, I thought - for some reason - he'd got away before.

People these days seem to play fast and loose with the word 'hero', but I think John Glenn qualified.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
and then some

took some brass ones to sit on an Atlas booster in 1961
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I met Scott Carpenter back in the 70's, never got to meet Glenn.

There's a subdivision in SW Omaha and all the streets are named for astronauts, Glenn is honored there.

And his shuttle flight was a shade more dangerous than was realized at the time . . . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 8, 2016 at 7:28 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: I met Scott Carpenter back in the 70's, never got to meet Glenn.

There's a subdivision in SW Omaha and all the streets are named for astronauts, Glenn is honored there.

And his shuttle flight was a shade more dangerous than was realized at the time . . . . .

I've met a lot of spacey people, but never one who had actually been to space...

Boru
I remember hearing his name repeatedly as a small child.

http://mercury6.spacelog.org/
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
According to a similar thread on another thread, dude was married 73 years! That's a thread in and of itself!
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  US Violates Yet Another Treaty BrianSoddingBoru4 0 264 July 23, 2020 at 4:02 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The worst part of the pandemic - onlinebiker 19 1540 April 4, 2020 at 7:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The Coronavirus Is the Worst Intelligence Failure in U.S. History WinterHold 0 291 March 26, 2020 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Worst Drug Dealer EVER BrianSoddingBoru4 17 710 May 4, 2019 at 1:08 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Government shutdown impacting you yet? Jehanne 64 3686 January 24, 2019 at 10:53 pm
Last Post: TaraJo
  Yet Another Traitorous Republicunt Shit Minimalist 0 533 July 19, 2017 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  US health care system rated the worst Foxaèr 0 767 July 15, 2017 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Americans Think Trump Will Be Worst President Since Nixon Minimalist 54 8675 January 29, 2017 at 5:41 pm
Last Post: JuliaL
  Yet Another Reason The Obamas Will Be Missed BrianSoddingBoru4 2 623 January 12, 2017 at 8:53 am
Last Post: Alex K
  The worst thing about Italian earthquake... Fake Messiah 49 5492 August 28, 2016 at 12:58 pm
Last Post: Joods