Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 1:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little bit of cop drama.
Little bit of cop drama.
A few minutes ago (9:30 P.M. U.S. Eastern Time) a town police officer knocked on my door. I did not open the door at first. I told him hello and he told me to open up. I asked him what for. He said he was called here and he needed to come in. I asked him if he had a warrant. He said he didn't need a warrant, that he could force the door and I would be responsible for the damage.

I didn't open the door but I went into my mother's room and woke her and told her. She told me to let him in. I did so. He said our downstairs neighbor (we live in a two floor apartment) had called the police department and claimed that we had stairways down to her apartment, we were spying on her through our vents, and that we had climbed down into her walls and vandalized her stove.

He did a check in the rooms and found nothing, of course. After, my mother requested a police report as a record of this event. He gathered some basic information and left. Before he went, he told me that if he is called to a place on the report of a complaint he does not need a warrant.

This country, eh? If my mother had not told me to let him in I probably wouldn't have done it. And I would have been responsible for the damage of his forced entry too.
RE: Little bit of cop drama.
It sounds like your neighbor is a fucking nut job to me.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

(September 5, 2010 at 10:06 pm)chatpilot Wrote: It sounds like your neighbor is a fucking nut job to me.

Quite literally. It is generally known that she has mental health issues and that she needs medical treatment for them.
Well, there you have it. I was thinking nut job in the literal sense myself and you have confirmed this to be true.

Yeah, unfortunately... if someone calls the police and says that something is going on in your place, they do not need a warrant. The call itself serves as 'probable cause'.

Schizophrenia makes for fun neighbors, doesn't it?
Man that sucks. I guess I can understand why the police doesn't need a warrant in that situation, but I would check that out if something like that happens again.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian
I hope your neighbour to be warned for making false claims. Infact I think everyone making a claim that does not materialize should be prosecuted...
LastPoet they would not convict her if she is a documented nut job for making false claims, in her mind those claims are real. Paul it sounds like she is schizophrenic with a dash of paranoid delusion.

(September 6, 2010 at 1:37 pm)chatpilot Wrote: Paul it sounds like she is schizophrenic with a dash of paranoid delusion.

Yeah, those two things are often found working in cahoots.
It's too bad, neighbors like that tend to be a problem in the long run.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The DRAMA Thread Foxaèr 5 275 April 6, 2022 at 6:51 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Religious people get very little reps, it's xenophobia and religionism. WinterHold 353 24131 July 12, 2021 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 6879 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Pizza, just bit the bullet, trying something new. Brian37 19 1223 June 14, 2021 at 11:58 am
Last Post: brewer
  Are parents allowed to stay with little kids if infected with covid 19 ? Megabullshit 30 1759 April 3, 2020 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Happy Birthday, Ya Tough Little Ship!! BrianSoddingBoru4 12 1206 September 28, 2019 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  It's a little bit strange to....... Cod 8 1847 July 7, 2019 at 6:49 pm
  Hello my little Chickadees......... Brian37 20 2103 July 1, 2019 at 5:45 am
  Britain can be a bit strange! zebo-the-fat 37 2937 January 5, 2019 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  7 little things that completely give us away Foxaèr 9 1102 November 4, 2018 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician