Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello my little Chickadees.........
Hello my little Chickadees.........
Holy crap is it hot outside today, and I stumbled upon two baby birds who'd fallen out of their nest. At first I thought they were dead, but as soon as I touched the first one it moved. Almost didn't see the second one. So I picked them up, they are now in my house, called a local bird rescue. A lady is trying to get someone to come over and pick them up. I don't know if they will survive but I hope they do. They've cooled off and are in a small little pan. Put my cat in it's kennel to keep him away.

When I see things like this it really bothers me that people claim a all powerful all loving God. The reality of nature is events like this happen all the time. The baby birds either push each other out to compete for food, or the parents push them out of the nest maybe because they deem them to be too weak to survive. But while one might argue the good or bad that happen with humans is the will of a God, it would make this god the most cruel to animals. If a human is caught neglecting a pet such as leaving it out in extreme heat, or extreme could, we can be arrested. Nature without the superstition is a constant struggle for survival and needs no super hero to explain why good or bad happen to life in nature.
RE: Hello my little Chickadees.........
Quote:When I see things like this it really bothers me that people claim a all powerful all loving God.

It shouldn't.  'All loving God' only applies to people who believe exactly like the people who claim God is all loving.

Good on you for saving the birds, though.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 26, 2019 at 11:12 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
Quote:When I see things like this it really bothers me that people claim a all powerful all loving God.

It shouldn't.  'All loving God' only applies to people who believe exactly like the people who claim God is all loving.

Good on you for saving the birds, though.

Boru

Well, they are out of the heat, gave them some water. Still waiting for the lady at the rescue to find someone to come pick them up. I don't have a working vehicle either.

A long time ago, when I was living in Northern Virginia outside of DC, I heard a sudden rouse of several birds chirping. Went outside and saw several small adult birds picking away at a chick that had either fallen out of the nest, or got pulled out by a rival. It was sad to see the reality of that brutality of that competition. It is an unfortunate aspect of nature. That chick was done for and it died shortly after I had chased the other birds away.
I was really worried about them. But the bird lady came and picked them up. They did respond to me mimicking their chirp as if I was a fellow sibling. And I did give them names. Darwin was the bigger one, and I named the smaller one Dawkins.
(June 26, 2019 at 3:07 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I was really worried about them. But the bird lady came and picked them up. They did respond to me mimicking their chirp as if I was a fellow sibling. And I did give them names. Darwin was the bigger one, and I named the smaller one Dawkins.

You just know the other chicks are going to pick on them because of those names...

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(June 26, 2019 at 3:10 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(June 26, 2019 at 3:07 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I was really worried about them. But the bird lady came and picked them up. They did respond to me mimicking their chirp as if I was a fellow sibling. And I did give them names. Darwin was the bigger one, and I named the smaller one Dawkins.

You just know the other chicks are going to pick on them because of those names...

Boru

They'll survive. My first two initials describe a sex act. Funny thing, I was adopted and hated my real name, so my adoptive parents gave me a list and the first two names were Brian and James, so BJ went over very well in my childhood and HS years. NOT!

I was actually crying when she took them away. They were sooooooo cute and they hung in there too.
I've never had success in rescuing pre-feathered chicks. Now I just let nature do it's thing.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
This is the place I called.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/...299093856/

(June 26, 2019 at 3:26 pm)wyzas Wrote: I've never had success in rescuing pre-feathered chicks. Now I just let nature do it's thing.

Again, not sure if they will survive, but sorry, I could not sit by in that baking sun and let their brains fry.  At least by bringing them in, if they still die, they had some sense of cool and comfort for a while. They really did seem to perk up when I cooled them off and gave them some water. One even ate some cat food soaked in water to make it soft(I looked it up online what to feed a chick). And they really did respond to my mimicking their chirps. 

Who knows? I'll call and check up on them.
(June 26, 2019 at 3:30 pm)Brian37 Wrote: This is the place I called.

(June 26, 2019 at 3:26 pm)wyzas Wrote: I've never had success in rescuing pre-feathered chicks. Now I just let nature do it's thing.

Again, not sure if they will survive, but sorry, I could not sit by in that baking sun and let their brains fry.  At least by bringing them in, if they still die, they had some sense of cool and comfort for a while. They really did seem to perk up when I cooled them off and gave them some water. One even ate some cat food soaked in water to make it soft(I looked it up online what to feed a chick). And they really did respond to my mimicking their chirps. 

You may have starved a rat.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 26, 2019 at 3:57 pm)wyzas Wrote:
(June 26, 2019 at 3:30 pm)Brian37 Wrote: This is the place I called.

You may have starved a rat.

Meh, Trump eats enough already. OH come on now, you knew that was coming.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Religious people get very little reps, it's xenophobia and religionism. WinterHold 353 25437 July 12, 2021 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 7101 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Are parents allowed to stay with little kids if infected with covid 19 ? Megabullshit 30 1796 April 3, 2020 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Happy Birthday, Ya Tough Little Ship!! BrianSoddingBoru4 12 1233 September 28, 2019 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  It's a little bit strange to....... Cod 8 1856 July 7, 2019 at 6:49 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  7 little things that completely give us away Foxaèr 9 1139 November 4, 2018 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Smaller trouble in little China? Naw, not really... Brian37 0 595 October 24, 2017 at 3:05 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Big trouble in little China? Local thing here. Brian37 13 2569 October 23, 2017 at 6:07 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  A little advice on a family matter please NuclearEnergy 6 1138 August 27, 2017 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The little things that do it for ya J a c k 85 18149 July 18, 2017 at 2:26 pm
Last Post: brewer