Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:04 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I love Theology class
I love Theology class
I haven't been on this site much because I've been at school. And here's the thing. I'm actually starting to LIKE theology class. Why? Because it's all a big joke. I have to take notes about the bull they write, but it's simply laughable. Here are two PowerPoints presented in class emailed to me when I was sick: (Please don't change them)

http://students.borgia.com/service/home/...272&part=2
http://students.borgia.com/service/home/...272&part=3

A funny thing happened in class: The teacher was just totally ATTACKING the Protestant Bible. Not that it's real or anything, but he was ranting about how King James was gay, and Protestants are terrible sinners. Honestly, how one-dimensional can this get?
Trudging through endless religion one step at a time.
RE: I love Theology class
(September 6, 2010 at 6:55 pm)Nitsuj Wrote: A funny thing happened in class: The teacher was just totally ATTACKING the Protestant Bible. Not that it's real or anything, but he was ranting about how King James was gay, and Protestants are terrible sinners. Honestly, how one-dimensional can this get?

[Image: pot-kettle.gif]
“Society is not a disease, it is a disaster. What a stupid miracle that one can live in it.” ~ E.M. Cioran
I actually enjoy Theological classes as well. Even though it's not real, I like the stories and the silly laws make me laugh.
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
My rant on the whole "academic field" of theology:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1irkljWPzg
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
Nitsuj I have always looked down upon theology, it is in my opinion not even a real field of study. I would have loved to have viewed those links but they don't seem to work for me.
DeistPaladin thanks for that video it is exactly how I feel about theology and my most hated field of so called religious study; apologetics.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

(September 7, 2010 at 11:14 am)chatpilot Wrote: Nitsuj I have always looked down upon theology, it is in my opinion not even a real field of study. I would have loved to have viewed those links but they don't seem to work for me.
DeistPaladin thanks for that video it is exactly how I feel about theology and my most hated field of so called religious study; apologetics.

I agree with you its not a real subject, a bit like the study of fairies.
But as anthropology its a fascniating roam through the shit people can believe and is endlessly amusing.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(September 7, 2010 at 11:27 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: I agree with you its not a real subject, a bit like the study of fairies.
But as anthropology its a fascniating roam through the shit people can believe and is endlessly amusing.

Agreed. If you study the Bible from the standpoint of trying to understand ancient Hebrew culture as it developed over time, that's one truly academic way to study scripture. The stories people tell and the gods they create say much about their culture, values and what they face in day to day life.
Atheist Forums Hall of Shame:
"The trinity can be equated to having your cake and eating it too."
...      -Lucent, trying to defend the Trinity concept
"(Yahweh's) actions are good because (Yahweh) is the ultimate standard of goodness. That’s not begging the question"
...       -Statler Waldorf, Christian apologist
The teacher gave the questions that will be on the test. One is "What does creation tell about God." Oh dear.
(September 7, 2010 at 1:14 pm)Nitsuj Wrote: The teacher gave the questions that will be on the test. One is "What does creation tell about God." Oh dear.

Answer: NOTHING.

Hmmm. Maybe I'll give that a shot. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What value do you see in studying theology in concerns to Christianity? EgoDeath 40 3881 September 8, 2019 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  The Rape of Dinah. Ethics of priestly class. Collective guilt Graufreud 20 2075 July 25, 2018 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  William Lane Craig's last math class was in high school?! Jehanne 24 4431 February 22, 2016 at 2:41 pm
Last Post: Nihilist Virus
  BIG THEOLOGY NEWS!! FreeTony 30 4624 December 11, 2014 at 12:36 am
Last Post: Sejanus
  Misconceptions of Christian theology jstrodel 109 46252 March 11, 2013 at 11:56 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Theology Based On An Allegorical Genesis FallentoReason 50 21524 February 11, 2013 at 6:42 pm
Last Post: Nine
  Theology of the Holy Spirit greneknight 12 4489 September 18, 2012 at 9:41 am
Last Post: Drich
  My theology class with a bunch of Unitarians Ziploc Surprise 5 3485 April 7, 2012 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Need help for a Sunday School class adam c 52 16696 April 3, 2012 at 6:14 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  God cannot love or be Love. Greatest I am 0 1401 December 30, 2011 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am