Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 9:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theology of the Holy Spirit
Theology of the Holy Spirit
It was when I was typing this post http://atheistforums.org/thread-14816-po...#pid337831 that I had a sudden enlightenment from the Holy Spirit, the Third Person of the Holy Trinity.

God revealed to me in all his glory that the Holy Spirit is in fact the Holy Flatulence of God. We know he's called "pneuma" which means wind in Koine Greek, the language of the New Testament. We also say in the Creed that the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son. Of course the Holy Spirit is fart! The Orthodox churches insist that the Holy Spirit only proceeds from the Father and not the Son but that would seem to make poor Jesus constipated.

I will be developing this theology of the Holy Spirit further and would be grateful if Vinny or godschild or drich or lion or any of my other brothers in Christ could be so good as to discuss this holy aspect of theology with me.

I want to know more about my God and I want to concentrate on his holy flatulence for the moment. When a Christian is filled with the Holy Spirit, does it come out noisily from his various orifices, principally his mouth?

I hope to research this topic in greater depth and I would really appreciate contribution from my fellow followers of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

May the blessings of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Fart be with all of us. Amen.

(Moderators, please forgive my pious language. I'm addressing my fellow Christians and I have no intention of preaching to the godless atheists on this forum nor am I asking for the indwelling Holy Fart to infest their bowels. It's only for us, the Elect of the Lord, who should be filled with the Holy Fart in all his abundance).
RE: Theology of the Holy Spirit
That joke wasn't particularly funny the first time you said it. You really want to drag out that crappy joke to a separate thread?
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
(September 18, 2012 at 3:43 am)Tobie Wrote: That joke wasn't particularly funny the first time you said it. You really want to drag out that crappy joke to a separate thread?

I'm rather annoyed that Christians on an atheist forum can call atheism a "vat of regurgitated horse turd, liquefied and main-lined by atheists" but if you so much as question God's existence in a Christian forum, you get banned.

Are atheists masochists? I'm not even an atheist and I'm angry at the horrid treatment of atheists in an atheist forum. Must atheists always turn the other cheek and let Christians ride roughshod over them. Can't you guys give these bloody superstitious idiots a kick where it hurts?

I'm no wimp and when I think one group is unjust, I will hit back. That's just my nature as a fair-minded chap, even if that unjust group happens to be my fellow Christians.
Yeah, that is very lame.

(September 18, 2012 at 3:47 am)greneknight Wrote: I'm rather annoyed that Christians on an atheist forum can call atheism a "vat of regurgitated horse turd, liquefied and main-lined by atheists" but if you so much as question God's existence in a Christian forum, you get banned.

Are atheists masochists? I'm not even an atheist and I'm angry at the horrid treatment of atheists in an atheist forum. Must atheists always turn the other cheek and let Christians ride roughshod over them. Can't you guys give these bloody superstitious idiots a kick where it hurts?

I'm no wimp and when I think one group is unjust, I will hit back. That's just my nature as a fair-minded chap, even if that unjust group happens to be my fellow Christians.

Don't let them bother you. Let yourself be satisfied that you know you are better than them. Tongue

And in terms of you "hitting back" at them... you need to improve a little. Big Grin
Cunt
(September 18, 2012 at 3:47 am)greneknight Wrote:
(September 18, 2012 at 3:43 am)Tobie Wrote: That joke wasn't particularly funny the first time you said it. You really want to drag out that crappy joke to a separate thread?

I'm rather annoyed that Christians on an atheist forum can call atheism a "vat of regurgitated horse turd, liquefied and main-lined by atheists" but if you so much as question God's existence in a Christian forum, you get banned.

Well christians will christian, wherever they find themselves.
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
(September 18, 2012 at 3:47 am)greneknight Wrote:

Well for one, there are no gods of atheism for people to be scared would get offended.

Dude...you're an atheist. Here's the definition.

"a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings."

You've provided enough comments that everyone has seen you post that you don't believe in the supernatural.....don't you think it's hypocritical you harped on Vinny when you're doing pretty much the exact same thing? You're not even good at being a Poe.
But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, His Son, purifies us from all sin.
(September 18, 2012 at 3:48 am)frankiej Wrote: Yeah, that is very lame.

(September 18, 2012 at 3:47 am)greneknight Wrote: I'm rather annoyed that Christians on an atheist forum can call atheism a "vat of regurgitated horse turd, liquefied and main-lined by atheists" but if you so much as question God's existence in a Christian forum, you get banned.

Don't let them bother you. Let yourself be satisfied that you know you are better than them. Tongue

And in terms of you "hitting back" at them... you need to improve a little. Big Grin

What is wrong with the bloody atheists here? "Slow to anger" like what the blooming lying Bible says of God who is in fact a genocidal bastard? Are you incapable of anger?

I was furious with Vinny the first time I saw his posts and I knew he was trying to irritate, slander and vilify the good name of atheists. I tried attacking him and many atheists tell me not to do so. So now, I blaspheme my own religion and you guys say I'm lame. I'm convinced the atheists here are masochists.

I can't believe that a Christian like me can see the injustice of the Christians here and you guys can't. They are so unjust it's enough to make me blaspheme the stupid Holy Spirit. And all you guys can do is to humour Vinny. You can turn the other cheek but I will blaspheme the Holy Spirit because I know these unjust CHristians hate that the most. But as Dawkins says, blasphemy is an offence against nobody. NObody should be upset.

(September 18, 2012 at 3:52 am)Tobie Wrote:

Well christians will christian, wherever they find themselves.

Well, I'm a Christian and I will out-Christian any Christian in vitriol and vile slanders. May the Holy Spirit infest the bowels of all the Christians here and may we all speak in tongues every morning in the toilet.
ROFLOL

(September 18, 2012 at 3:53 am)Polaris Wrote:

Well for one, there are no gods of atheism for people to be scared would get offended.

Dude...you're an atheist. Here's the definition.

"a person who denies or disbelieves the existence of a supreme being or beings."

You've provided enough comments that everyone has seen you post that you don't believe in the supernatural.....don't you think it's hypocritical you harped on Vinny when you're doing pretty much the exact same thing? You're not even good at being a Poe.

If I am an atheist, Polaris, what are you? A follower of Jesus, the bastard son of the Blessed Whore who pretended to have been raped by God? But I sing the Magnificat to the Blessed Whore at Evensong all my life so I should know who she really is.
(September 18, 2012 at 3:58 am)greneknight Wrote: What is wrong with the bloody atheists here? "Slow to anger" like what the blooming lying Bible says of God who is in fact a genocidal bastard? Are you incapable of anger?
You act as if slow to anger is a bad thing? Do you really wish atheists to adhere to a stereotype put forward by the religious? I certainly don't intent to.

(September 18, 2012 at 3:58 am)greneknight Wrote: I was furious with Vinny the first time I saw his posts and I knew he was trying to irritate, slander and vilify the good name of atheists. I tried attacking him and many atheists tell me not to do so. So now, I blaspheme my own religion and you guys say I'm lame. I'm convinced the atheists here are masochists.

If someone is trying to irritate, why let them? That doesn't seem like victory to me...
(September 18, 2012 at 3:58 am)greneknight Wrote: What is wrong with the bloody atheists here? "Slow to anger" like what the blooming lying Bible says of God who is in fact a genocidal bastard? Are you incapable of anger?

What is there to get angry about? You should just laugh at their attempts to irritate you, because it is pathetic.

Quote:I was furious with Vinny the first time I saw his posts and I knew he was trying to irritate, slander and vilify the good name of atheists. I tried attacking him and many atheists tell me not to do so. So now, I blaspheme my own religion and you guys say I'm lame. I'm convinced the atheists here are masochists.

I can't believe that a Christian like me can see the injustice of the Christians here and you guys can't. They are so unjust it's enough to make me blaspheme the stupid Holy Spirit. And all you guys can do is to humour Vinny. You can turn the other cheek but I will blaspheme the Holy Spirit because I know these unjust CHristians hate that the most. But as Dawkins says, blasphemy is an offence against nobody. NObody should be upset.

I didn't say you were lame for blaspheming, I said that your joke was lame. You should write better material. Big Grin

I am a big fan of comedy, I have even done a couple of open mic stand up performances myself and what you wrote wasn't funny.

I don't care if you blaspheme anyway, it means fuck all to me.
Cunt
But I'm so thankful to the Christians here, especially Vinny. You are the reason for my blasphemy. I used not to blaspheme until you goaded me to it. And I must say it's liberating. Calling Jesus the Bastard son of the Blessed Whore who pretended to have been raped by God somehow makes me feel free because it's something you can't say in Christian forums, groups, etc and something that's considered rude if you say at home and something my vicar would be furious with me if I said in church. But you guys (the CHristians here) have taught me that blasphemy is fun.

May God the Rapist, God the Bastard and God the Holy Fart bless us all.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UCKG: Church tells boy 'evil spirit' hides in him zebo-the-fat 1 361 December 11, 2023 at 4:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  The Holy War Johanabrahams 105 8619 July 17, 2020 at 9:11 am
Last Post: brewer
  What value do you see in studying theology in concerns to Christianity? EgoDeath 40 3881 September 8, 2019 at 4:32 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Is the Holy Spirit Misleading You? Rhondazvous 251 82920 July 12, 2017 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: Astonished
  The Holy Bible - fact or fiction? val5662 101 13311 March 28, 2017 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Holy Tree QuarkDriven 28 6888 July 23, 2015 at 12:30 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  What Exactly Does the Holy Spirit Do? Nope 92 16333 June 3, 2015 at 11:52 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Holy Stupid Cinjin 14 4587 April 27, 2015 at 10:56 am
Last Post: Esquilax
  Fish must be very holy Boris Karloff 99 24178 March 25, 2015 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Smaug
  How often does the holy spirit talk to you? TubbyTubby 54 14669 March 20, 2015 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam