Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 2:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what do you all see in spiritualism?
Video 
what do you all see in spiritualism?
I am a believer in spirituality..it brings us closer to who we are...and wanna be... Lightbulb Wink
the mind...is often more important then the body...everything starts from between our 2 ears==the brain...
any comments,please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoL2WMtMb_0
RE: what do you all see in spiritualism?
What do I see in spirituality? Platitudes and magical thinking. It's a way for people to indulge in fantastic, emotionally-pleasing, but intellectually vacuous misinterpretations of reality, without the social constraints of a traditional religion. It's a way to appear "deep" and thoughtful in conversation, without having to actually know anything.

Basically - it's a way to get into the knickers of dumb hippie chicks...

Sorry, but you asked. Tongue
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(December 12, 2016 at 8:39 am)tigerlove Wrote: I am a believer in spirituality..it brings us closer to who we are...and wanna be... Lightbulb Wink
the mind...is often more important then the body...everything starts from between our 2 ears==the brain...
any comments,please?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoL2WMtMb_0

In case you have not heard .... The mind (brain) is a part of the body. They are inseparable.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

"Spiritualism" originated in a con game back in the 1800s, IIRC. Not as entertaining as a tourist voodoo ceremony.
What is spirituality?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

It's arbitrarily assigning extra meaning to emotions and experiences. It's trying to leap-frog science by abandoning any kind of rigor and just making things up. Classic woo.

We can study ourselves perfectly well without having to imbue things with magic. We can have amazing experiences, we can meditate and send our mind to all sorts of weird places. But there's no need to make out that it's more than it is.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Video 
ahah...did you hit the nail,you think?I bet you have no clue what real hippies are about...
but..that's not my problem,dear friend..oh...this is only internet where folks types messages on an azerty or qwerty keboard,is it not?
the real sense of it all...goes much deeper..anyone into paganism here?i used to know few friends in the U.K..who are into pagan beliefs..

(December 12, 2016 at 9:12 am)Alex K Wrote: What is spirituality?

good question,Alex...good question i say..
what's a true atheist?
It goes deeper, you say? Even more made up stuff?

If you can demonstrate spirituality is anything other than metaphors, I'm all ears.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
I only experienced it while tripping. That's about how meaningful it is to me. 

You might want to hook up with Little Rik.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So, we'll never see our loved ones again? Shazzalovesnovels 93 7045 May 20, 2021 at 4:10 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  What would you do if you found out we are all in a sim? ignoramus 46 3581 October 9, 2017 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Question Can we see reality as it is? FractalEternalWheel 19 6946 January 3, 2014 at 1:21 am
Last Post: MindForgedManacle
  What is the change you want to see in the world? Mystic 16 5111 June 10, 2012 at 11:03 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  O say can you see, the U. S. Oligarchy? Greatest I am 10 4331 April 17, 2012 at 5:22 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy