Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The White Rabbit Project
The White Rabbit Project
So this is the new "Mythbusters" style program. It's on Netflix, and the hosts are Kari, Grant and Tory previously from Mythbusters.

Each episode they take a theme (superpowers, jail escapes, WWII weapons) and sort of dissect, recreate, and rate each one.

I have mixed feelings about it so far. I've watched the first three episodes. I'm kinda 'meh' so far. Anyone else watch?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
RE: The White Rabbit Project
I'd like to see Tory and Jamie tackle some sexual myths . . . .

or me, for that matter.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

OK vorlon13 since you're talking about sex I just want to ask you: as a gay guy were you ever tempted to join Catholic priesthood? I mean since they're so gay and from the start they put you in seminary and you're closed with other guys far from any females and very intimate with each other. Frequently sharing beds and occasionally you have to visit Vatican - which is, I presume, like Disneyland for gays.
So if you were tempted which of two reasons turned you off in the end: the absurdity they have to believe or at least pretend to believe or was it strong paedophilic culture embedded in Catholic clergy?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
Haven't seen it, but sounds interesting. Smile
What don't you like about it Mike?
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
Sounds interesting.

I'll probably check it out at some point.

(December 15, 2016 at 9:27 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: OK vorlon13 since you're talking about sex I just want to ask you: as a gay guy were you ever tempted to join Catholic priesthood? I mean since they're so gay and from the start they put you in seminary and you're closed with other guys far from any females and very intimate with each other. Frequently sharing beds and occasionally you have to visit Vatican - which is, I presume, like Disneyland for gays.
So if you were tempted which of two reasons turned you off in the end: the absurdity they have to believe or at least pretend to believe or was it strong paedophilic culture embedded in Catholic clergy?

The fuck...?
(December 15, 2016 at 9:27 am)Fake Messiah Wrote: OK vorlon13 since you're talking about sex I just want to ask you: as a gay guy were you ever tempted to join Catholic priesthood? I mean since they're so gay and from the start they put you in seminary and you're closed with other guys far from any females and very intimate with each other. Frequently sharing beds and occasionally you have to visit Vatican - which is, I presume, like Disneyland for gays.

Do you suffer from brain damage?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(December 15, 2016 at 11:44 am)Faith No More Wrote:

Do you suffer from brain damage?

He attacks priests and Catholics any chance he gets, regardless of if it makes sense or not.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(December 15, 2016 at 11:48 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: He attacks priests and Catholics any chance he gets, regardless of if it makes sense or not.

All of his posts seem like he just smoked a bunch of crystal meth.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(December 15, 2016 at 11:51 am)Faith No More Wrote:
(December 15, 2016 at 11:48 am)Catholic_Lady Wrote: He attacks priests and Catholics any chance he gets, regardless of if it makes sense or not.

All of his posts seem like he just smoked a bunch of crystal meth.

I don't disagree. I usually just ignore them.

-walsh
Yes, as frequent as Catholic priests rape little children.

(December 15, 2016 at 11:44 am)Faith No More Wrote: Do you suffer from brain damage?

Why do you say that? It is widely known that nuns, monks and priests are people brought in Catholic families usually have very repressed sexuality and those that have homosexual tendencies do go for monasteries and priesthoods.
One of the best examples of that was in 1966 when psychologist Carl Rogers was allowed to have an experiment on nuns in LA of order "Immaculate Heart". Nuns were told that they shouldn’t be reserved or shy, that they should open up, that prudence is an oversold virtue, don’t avert your eyes to the ground in piety, but to make eye contact and open up with their inner desires, feelings, and emotions. Soon nuns started kissing each-other and whole order was abandoned and all the nuns (300 of them) went to live secular lives as lesbians.
So you see it takes very little to these gown wearing monks and priests to get into large orgy and a smart gay person could take advantage of that.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Betty White a "Password" story. Brian37 12 1212 October 11, 2021 at 9:18 pm
Last Post: no one
  Biden vs Trump: Gangs of The White House. WinterHold 3 367 October 22, 2020 at 3:21 am
Last Post: Sal
  Double standards? white guy gets shot by black cop in a similar situation days apart Drich 49 12290 September 2, 2014 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Zack
  HELP Needed for Documentary project. lloydy91 19 3231 March 8, 2014 at 11:20 am
Last Post: Kayenneh
  Fox News claims it's a "verifiable fact" that Santa is white. Rev. Rye 14 2811 December 22, 2013 at 11:53 am
Last Post: Captain Colostomy
  The Original Call Project on Youtube is something to check out. Nebulous1982 10 3346 March 21, 2011 at 3:26 pm
Last Post: HeyItsZeus