Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is just wrong
This is just wrong
There is no way that this is right. There has to be some kind of study flaw or bias. 

Comparison of Hospital Mortality and Readmission Rates for Medicare Patients Treated by Male vs Female Physicians

Quote: "There is evidence that men and women may practice medicine differently. Literature has shown that female physicians may be more likely to adhere to clinical guidelines, provide preventive care more often, use more patient-centered communication, perform as well or better on standardized examinations, and provide more psychosocial counseling to their patients than do their male peers"

http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainte...le/2593255
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: This is just wrong
What makes you say that there's no way this is right?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(December 20, 2016 at 11:11 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: What makes you say that there's no way this is right?

We must reject all attempts to acknowledge differences between males and females, for the sake of political correctness and equality!
(December 20, 2016 at 12:19 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(December 20, 2016 at 11:11 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: What makes you say that there's no way this is right?

We must reject all attempts to acknowledge differences between males and females, for the sake of political correctness and equality!

Strawman
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

You don't know me very well yet.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(December 20, 2016 at 12:42 pm)Orochi Wrote:
(December 20, 2016 at 12:19 pm)Tiberius Wrote: We must reject all attempts to acknowledge differences between males and females, for the sake of political correctness and equality!

Strawman

Did I really need to add sarcasm tags?
(December 20, 2016 at 2:06 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(December 20, 2016 at 12:42 pm)Orochi Wrote: Strawman

Did I really need to add sarcasm tags?

That might actually be a useful forum addition, you know Tongue
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(December 20, 2016 at 10:58 am)mh.brewer Wrote: There is no way that this is right. There has to be some kind of study flaw or bias. 

Comparison of Hospital Mortality and Readmission Rates for Medicare Patients Treated by Male vs Female Physicians

Quote: "There is evidence that men and women may practice medicine differently. Literature has shown that female physicians may be more likely to adhere to clinical guidelines, provide preventive care more often, use more patient-centered communication, perform as well or better on standardized examinations, and provide more psychosocial counseling to their patients than do their male peers"

http://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainte...le/2593255

This is right. It's only wrong/racist/sexist/prejudice/questionable if research shows white/male/straight people are better at something.
This research shows females are better at something so therefore definitely not wrong.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

Bit triggered, are we paul?
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
How many arguments do you think we can get going on this thread? Ya'll argue about everything, so i'm placing good odds on at least 10 pages'worth.
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evolution "fails" AKA "where god seems to have got it wrong" Duty 44 2120 February 6, 2022 at 8:56 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  What's wrong with Japanese Dogs? purplepurpose 14 1341 July 29, 2018 at 9:30 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  Darwin Proven Wrong? sswhateverlove 165 22086 September 15, 2014 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Evolution 'proved' wrong BlackSwordsman 46 6992 June 20, 2014 at 7:13 am
Last Post: vodkafan
  Did Darwin get it wrong? Zone 20 4603 September 19, 2013 at 9:58 am
Last Post: Brian37
Tongue What's right (wrong?) with me? Tea Earl Grey Hot 9 2319 December 15, 2012 at 8:09 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger