Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:52 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Totally Agree!
Totally Agree!
http://www.rawstory.com/2016/12/heres-wh...-requests/

Quote:Here’s why it’s time to call bullshit on prayer requests

Quote:In the face of terrorist tragedies or natural disasters (sometimes called “acts of God”), preachers and politicians call for more prayer. And why not? It costs them nothing and earns them points. Public opinion and even the Bible are on their side. “Cast all your cares on him, for he cares for you,” said one Bible writer. “Ask and you will receive,” promised another.

Even though research shows that prayer requests don’t have any measurable effect—that God, at best, operates at the margins of statistical significance—pro-prayer platitudes and scripts are cherished and repeated and handed down from generation to generation.
RE: Totally Agree!
(December 20, 2016 at 7:53 pm)Minimalist Wrote: http://www.rawstory.com/2016/12/heres-wh...-requests/

Quote:Here’s why it’s time to call bullshit on prayer requests

Quote:In the face of terrorist tragedies or natural disasters (sometimes called “acts of God”), preachers and politicians call for more prayer. And why not? It costs them nothing and earns them points. Public opinion and even the Bible are on their side. “Cast all your cares on him, for he cares for you,” said one Bible writer. “Ask and you will receive,” promised another.

Even though research shows that prayer requests don’t have any measurable effect—that God, at best, operates at the margins of statistical significance—pro-prayer platitudes and scripts are cherished and repeated and handed down from generation to generation.

Wait...does this men I'm NOT getting a full-sized, fully operational Batmobile for Christmas??

Well...fuck.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
A bitch, ain't it?

Angel
You forgot to purchase the holy motor oil. Now it won't reach you in time. The answer is NO!

You know how this works. What the hell were you thinking?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I guess the only upside is that it makes people feel like they are doing something even when they are doing nothing. Shit, actually that's not an upside, it would be better to tell people to actually help and not just feel like they are helping.
[Image: dcep7c.jpg]
(December 20, 2016 at 8:00 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: You forgot to purchase the holy motor oil. Now it won't reach you in time. The answer in NO!

You know how this works. What the hell were you thinking?

[Image: fcb0183aa1328dc2fe3330c997627b60.jpg]

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
[Image: 1gd3t3.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

No need to pray, God is a **********!!! Smile
[Image: 1gdcxv.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(December 21, 2016 at 1:24 pm)Cyrinistar Wrote: No need to pray, God is a **********!!! Smile

Well I don't think the thing even exist. How can it be a *******!!!! ?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  German bishops agree with scientists: homosexuality is normal Fake Messiah 21 2712 January 21, 2020 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Totally NOT a debate about the veracity of the gospels Jacob(smooth) 342 38506 March 22, 2014 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: *Deidre*
  Remember, they're only signs from god if you already agree! Esquilax 14 4299 September 18, 2013 at 2:03 pm
Last Post: max-greece
  Someone pinch me. I actually agree with Pat Robertson. TaraJo 2 1323 March 21, 2013 at 11:31 pm
Last Post: Cinjin