Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:30 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remember, they're only signs from god if you already agree!
Remember, they're only signs from god if you already agree!
RRRRRGGGG!

Quote:Remember the Gastonguays? This past May, 26-year-old Hannah, her 30-year-old husband Sean, his father Mike, and the couple’s daughters, 3-year-old Ardith and 8-month-old Rahab, planned to sail to Kiribati, a tiny island nation, population 100,000, some 1,300 miles south of Hawaii. They didn’t want to live in the increasingly godless United States anymore due to “abortion, homosexuality [and] the state-controlled church.”
The five set sail for their exotic destination but were later found to have “zero knowledge and experience in navigation.” Inevitably, they suffered one mishap after another. With their boat badly battered after a string of Pacific squalls and storms plus a collision with a Canadian cargo ship, the family ran out of supplies but managed to survive on some juice, honey, and what fish they could catch. Then the deck started separating from the hull, and the boat filled with water constantly. After 91 days of half-sailing, half-drifting, a helicopter had to airlift them to safety.

Yeah, remember these dickholes? Well, apparently their allergic reaction to reality hasn't abated, 'cause they're going to try again! Their new plan is so delightfully American: it's the old plan, but with a bigger boat and more food! If you can call "drift aimlessly in the ocean, wasting taxpayer money on rescues and needlessly endangering children" a plan of any kind.

Just goes to show, things are only signs from the almighty if they happen to align with beliefs you already hold! So much for all that "submission to christ" stuff, it's really all about people, in the end.
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
RE: Remember, they're only signs from god if you already agree!
Well, Noah did it, so why can't they?
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
(September 18, 2013 at 11:45 am)Esquilax Wrote: Their new plan is so delightfully American: it's the old plan, but with a bigger boat and more food!

LESSON LEARNED!

[Image: tumblr_m8e127HRX91rb0grho1_500.jpg]
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
They are not true believers - they just want to win a Darwin award.

That reminds me. I wanted to rewatch Mosquito Coast. I love that movie. Probably Harrison Ford's best performance.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Yeah, because the problem wasn't having zero navigational or sailing skill, it was not having a large enough boat.
Christian apologetics is the art of rolling a dog turd in sugar and selling it as a donut.
You have to wonder at what point does Jesus say, "Fuck it. Even I can't save these assholes."
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
The sad part is that they want to leave a country which not only has nearly total religious freedom for Christians, but Christianity has been forced into government and almost every aspect of society. And yet, somehow the country is not Christian enough for these assholes because they can't force everyone else to follow their narrow view of morality. Then they hope to end up on an island where people aren't Christian because somehow that's better than living in a predominantly Christian society. So much so that they're willing to risk their lives a second time.

I say we're better off without them, and hopefully more will follow them out of the country.
Quote:They didn’t want to live in the increasingly godless United States anymore due to “abortion, homosexuality [and] the state-controlled church.”

You know what. I agree. I don't want these two dickheads living in my country either. And their fucking kids will probably grow up to be assholes too, so fuck them.

And if a call comes into to rescue them, switch off the receiver.
(September 18, 2013 at 12:40 pm)Faith No More Wrote: You have to wonder at what point does Jesus say, "Fuck it. Even I can't save these assholes."

33 C.E.

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What they don't teach you in Sunday School LinuxGal 19 1225 September 25, 2023 at 9:19 pm
Last Post: brewer
  [Serious] For former Christians only, why did you leave your faith? Jehanne 159 13086 January 16, 2023 at 7:36 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  They're going to be chanting to the wrong God. brewer 32 2716 March 17, 2021 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  German bishops agree with scientists: homosexuality is normal Fake Messiah 21 2726 January 21, 2020 at 5:38 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Good Christians only may answer... Gawdzilla Sama 58 10089 September 18, 2018 at 3:22 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  Jesus already came (at lest for some) Fake Messiah 60 15285 July 22, 2017 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Astonished
  So It Seems That This Jesus Freak Corporation's Religious Beliefs Only Go So Far Minimalist 11 2167 July 6, 2017 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  There are ONLY two types of Christians! 21stCenturyIconoclast! 60 13733 June 22, 2017 at 9:28 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Remember this part in the bible? Foxaèr 17 2937 June 20, 2017 at 11:38 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Hi, I would like to tell you about Jesus Christ, the only way to God JacquelineDeane55 78 20930 June 10, 2017 at 9:46 am
Last Post: Fireball