Play "Cards Against Atheist Forums" online now!
Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: 20th July 2017, 12:38

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Religious rituals in healthcare
#21
RE: Religious rituals in healthcare
(7th January 2017, 01:26)robvalue Wrote: I'd say that healthcare as a whole should be purely secular. If the staff want to go pray for people in private during their breaks, then they can fill their boots.

I don't think I'd have a problem with a religious figure coming to visit a patient on their request in the hospital, as long as it didn't inconvenience anyone else or compromise the care in any way. Of course, this should mean that any religion would be permissible, or none at all.

I think the biggest problem is staff assuming a patient wants religious interference without request. That's just preaching and is unprofessional.

Entirely secular ?!

But where would be the fun in denying medical care for evolved pathogens to suffering fundies and evangelicals whose 1st amendment religious rights are being totally respected since they don't believe pathogens can evolve ?


Tongue
The problem with 90% of the politicians is they make the other 10% look bad.



























Reply
#22
RE: Religious rituals in healthcare
(7th January 2017, 01:26)robvalue Wrote: I think the biggest problem is staff assuming a patient wants religious interference without request. That's just preaching and is unprofessional.

I have never experienced that in healthcare. Is it common where you are from?
Reply
#23
RE: Religious rituals in healthcare
Oh no, I was talking about potential problems. I've never experienced any religious interference in my medical care.
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
Reply
#24
RE: Religious rituals in healthcare
Considering they give religion a place in every other part of their lives, then I'd say yeah, religious rituals have a place in health care. . . for religious people.


That being said, if they substitute actual medicine with a prayer circle, they are likely to be spouting on about "God works in mysterious ways, Johnny's death was for a reason" sooner rather than later.
Reply




Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)