Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 12:10 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Guy
New Guy
Hello I am a Christian and I want to take part in your debates so I can prove you atheists wrong.

I am a true Christian, not that agnostic stuff. I take the bible literally, as it should be taken and everything in the bible is from God and must be true.

I hope you will be kind to me as I will be kind to you.

Angel Cloud
May God be with you at all times.
If it's in the book, it's real.
RE: New Guy
Oh boy...

Welcome, be sure to check this thread: http://atheistforums.org/thread-3559.html
Welcome aboard, DoodleBag. I hope you understand that, arguing from a literalist standpoint of the Bible, you wont be getting very far on an atheist forum. Which, really, shows a thing or two about literalism and its faults.

But other than that, good to have you! Smile Hopefully you can grow a little in your understanding and change some of your views while here. Change is good! Big Grin
Welcome aboard.

(by the way, that is a figure of speech, not to be taken literally)
“Society is not a disease, it is a disaster. What a stupid miracle that one can live in it.” ~ E.M. Cioran
Do some research buddy. You cant prove atheists wrong, you cant prove theists wrong its more of a 'matter of opinion' kind of thing...
Its ok to have doubt, just dont let that doubt become the answers.

You dont hate God, you hate the church game.

"God is not what you imagine or what you think you understand. If you understand you have failed." Saint Augustine

Your mind works very simply: you are either trying to find out what are God's laws in order to follow them; or you are trying to outsmart Him. -Martin H. Fischer
Quote:May God be with you at all times.
Sorry mate but we nailed him to a cross ages ago. Tongue

Quote:everything in the bible is from God and must be true.

That's called circular reasoning.
Circular reasoning works because circular reasoning works because.....

(Circular reasoning doesn't work!)

Oh and welcome BTW. Big Grin
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(September 11, 2010 at 8:35 am)LastPoet Wrote: Welcome, be sure to check this thread: http://atheistforums.org/thread-3559.html
I just noticed that we aren't allowed to quote Psalm 14:1 but there isn't any rule against quoting Psalm 53:1. Big Grin

(September 11, 2010 at 9:14 am)Ace Wrote:
Quote:May God be with you at all times.
Sorry mate but we nailed him to a cross ages ago. Tongue
Perhaps you haven't noticed but he didn't stay there very long.

His invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse.
Romans 1:20 ESV

I'm glad to see we have a lot of teaching to do to you, Doodlebag. But you will have to open your mind, figuratively speaking.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
(September 11, 2010 at 12:39 pm)theophilus Wrote: Perhaps you haven't noticed but he didn't stay there very long.

A terrible Roman error. They should of kept his lifeless body hanging there til it was nothing but bones. Try making a martyr out of him when he's nothing but bones left hanging on the cross.
The Romans had the right idea, just the wrong method.
Big Grin
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(September 11, 2010 at 8:08 am)DoodleBag Wrote: Hello I am a Christian and I want to take part in your debates so I can prove you atheists wrong.

Shew! Good look with that.

And welcome to the forums.
Our Daily Train blog at jeremystyron.com

---
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea | By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown | Till human voices wake us, and we drown. — T.S. Eliot

"... man always has to decide for himself in the darkness, that he must want beyond what he knows. ..." — Simone de Beauvoir

"As if that blind rage had washed me clean, rid me of hope; for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself—so like a brother, really—I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again." — Albert Camus, "The Stranger"
---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New guy here Roykok 8 1093 November 10, 2022 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New guy DarkerEnergy 21 2134 January 18, 2017 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Hello, new guy here Casca 13 2116 October 14, 2016 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: brewer
  A new guy SuperSlayer 17 1936 July 2, 2016 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Spirian
  New Guy Here. Hello. The Atheist 27 3154 March 30, 2016 at 4:50 pm
  New Guy on the Block Rebel 9 1725 October 16, 2015 at 10:01 pm
  New guy Muad·Dib 39 6718 July 19, 2015 at 6:19 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Hello! New guy on the block here~~~ Preston Tsunami 11 1634 April 30, 2015 at 6:06 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  New Guy Here! GuardianAtheist 19 2396 April 22, 2015 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: ajarnfalang
  New Guy Vox Populi 25 3701 February 26, 2015 at 6:15 pm
Last Post: Vox Populi