Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 6:23 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I killed Bambi
I killed Bambi
Ok, not really sure I did, it was on a dark road the night before last when this happened.

Ok, so I was driving home on the back roads which are not well lit, rural NC so lots of deer. I was tired on top of that, not distracted just tired. I hear a BAM, thought I had ran over or hit something or hit a pothole or ran over a branch, ect ect, but even thought, what if I hit a pedestrian, no sidewalks and I see people all the time not wearing bright colors walking at night.

So I pulled over when I got the chance, one lane each way, the guy behind me slowed down and stopped too because I stopped. Scared shitless I asked him what I hit, he said he saw it all. Poor baby deer misjudged crossing, hit the side of my van. It was too dark to look back to see it, plus I was partially blocking the road so I rally couldn't walk back to see what happened, so I got back in glad I hadn't hit a person. I do hope maybe the fawn simpy stunned itself but prob just wishful thinking on my part. 

While I have insurance, I really could give a shit less about the van, I am simply glad I was not hurt and didn't hit anyone. But to the credit of SCIENCE and vehicle design, when I did get to the grocery store, with parking lot lights, I looked and found nothing, no dent, no scratches. 

PHEW! To quote Maxwell Smart "Missed it by that much".
RE: I killed Bambi
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKa0sgImaLs
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Did the fawn have an explosive vest? If so you may have saved a lot of lives. Well done!
(January 16, 2017 at 7:55 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Did the fawn have an explosive vest? If so you may have saved a lot of lives. Well done!

FUCK, didn't think of that. The GOP was right TRUMP WAS RIGHT! SON OF  BITCH, WE BETTER BAN ALL DEER!

Bambi " I DIE IN THE NAME OF DEER!"
(January 16, 2017 at 8:09 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(January 16, 2017 at 7:55 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: Did the fawn have an explosive vest? If so you may have saved a lot of lives. Well done!

FUCK, didn't think of that. The GOP was right TRUMP WAS RIGHT! SON OF  BITCH, WE BETTER BAN ALL DEER!

When I was working for St*te F*rm Insurance Co. I had a claim where a guy hit a deer and it catapulted over his car and landed on the car behind him (our insured's car.) When I was discussing the accident our driver said, "I saw it coming and just didn't have time to dodge it. It just flat-out rained deer." I gave him an extra $500 for that one.  Tongue
(January 16, 2017 at 8:55 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(January 16, 2017 at 8:09 am)Brian37 Wrote: FUCK, didn't think of that. The GOP was right TRUMP WAS RIGHT! SON OF  BITCH, WE BETTER BAN ALL DEER!

When I was working for St*te F*rm Insurance Co. I had a claim where a guy hit a deer and it catapulted over his car and landed on the car behind him (our insured's car.) When I was discussing the accident our driver said, "I saw it coming and just didn't have time to dodge it. It just flat-out rained deer." I gave him an extra $500 for that one.  Tongue

Gee wonder if you are talking about State Farm? Can't figure out what the F**K that abbreviation means. 

LONESTAR, I am your father's brother's cousin's former roomate.

So what does that make us?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
Killing for sport then going to the grocery store, disgusting.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
No damage? What, did you hit the world's softest deer?

(January 16, 2017 at 7:31 am)Khemikal Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKa0sgImaLs

He's from the Texas panhandle. The reason he doesn't hunt is because the only animals within a 200-mile radius are armadillos and horny toads.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I almost clipped a suicide deer last year -- a four-pointer jumped out at my truck right as I was passing it on my way home from work. I had mostly passed him (he was running parallel to the road) when he decided that he should cross.

One of his antlers chipped my tail-light cover, and he stunned himself. I slowed down and in the red glow of my brakelights could see him standing back up, woozy.

They're like fucking rats down here. Rutting season always calls for care out here.

(January 16, 2017 at 9:07 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Killing for sport then going to the grocery store, disgusting.

Ugggg, more on off binary thinking.

Killing for sport is when you enjoy killing, killing to eat is quite normal. Humans evolved as omnivores. I only object to hunting when people kill something and don't eat it. Trophy hunting is bullshit. But if someone expects me not to eat beef or duck fuck them. I don't hunt because I simply hate being outdoors for long periods, I don't like sweating or freezing, and yea, the meat is already at the store. But for those who kill dear to eat fine, any conservationist will tell you that killing keeps the deer population healthy.

Same bullshit with cars binary thinking.

Me, "That is impractical"

You, "You hate me, you want to ban everything I like"

Me, "No moron, I simply think there is a better way to do it".

OK, GONNA LEAVE THIS UP so PEOPLE don't think I don't admit mistakes.

I got an ichy trigger finger, I think you were being sarcastic. It was meant as a joke. 

I was stuck on the car convo. Sorry about that. Still don't like sports cars, but I can admit I jumped the gun here.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apparently the United States has killed over 1.3 billion people since 1776 (lol) ReptilianPeon 11 2353 July 25, 2015 at 1:24 am
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  My Roommate's Cat Just Killed a Bird rexbeccarox 59 9331 June 18, 2014 at 2:48 am
Last Post: rexbeccarox