Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Iro's pop culture articles
Iro's pop culture articles
So last week I was noticed by the editor-in-chief of a (very) small pop culture news website due to my presence on Quora, and was asked if I'd be interested in joining them as a writer. I accepted and few days later, I have published my very first article! Obviously it's not going to catapult me to fame and glory, but it's a really exciting new hobby that I'll have and it could one day lead to me being noticed by a much larger, well-established site.

Check it out if you want. No pressure Wink

http://www.popculturepipebomb.com/the-th...s-go-good/

I'll be writing about once a month to start with, gradually picking up my output as I get more comfortable in the role.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
RE: My first article! [Shameless plug/peacocking]
I checked it out, well written and amusing. If it had been about a subject I had any feeling towards I may have stayed and read the whole thing.
I didn't but could see that someone who had an interest would want more.
I liked what I read.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

touching on redemption without invoking Jebus, nice !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I'll need my son to explain the details but I definitely liked the style. Keep it up!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
You're an engaging writer with a quite recognizable style (slightly over the top, tongue in cheek pretentious), excellent. I don't care about comic books - at all - and I still wanted to read on.
If I had to pick nits, I would split up some sentences, but other than that...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I like it. Smile
(January 17, 2017 at 3:26 pm)Alex K Wrote: You're an engaging writer with a quite recognizable style (slightly over the top, tongue in cheek pretentious), excellent. I don't care about comic books - at all - and I still wanted to read on.
If I had to pick nits, I would split up some sentences, but other than that...

Yeah, I definitely have a comma fetish. Still working on kicking the habit. Thanks though, it's high praise if you wanted to finish it despite not being interested in the subject Big Grin
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
On my phone, will read it tonight when I'm back on the laptop, but congrats on being published, bud.

Congratulations! Looks like it will be a cool little gig. Do you get to choose your subjects?
(January 17, 2017 at 4:23 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: Congratulations! Looks like it will be a cool little gig. Do you get to choose your subjects?

Sort of - there's a list of available subjects to choose from updated regularly, which we can then put our own spin on. Once I write more regularly I'll be doing normal news articles etc, and talk with the editors about what my MO will be aside from that.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Read any good magazine articles lately ?? vorlon13 4 689 May 21, 2017 at 10:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Appalachians: a culture of survival Assimilate 2 654 March 17, 2014 at 8:46 pm
Last Post: Assimilate
  A global culture to fight extremism leo-rcc 7 2272 August 8, 2011 at 9:46 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger