Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 3:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are elections always as nasty as this last one we had
Are elections always as nasty as this last one we had
There's a question I've been wondering; and that is why was this last election cycle so nasty? Seems Trump supporters are supper angry and mean people honestly. Is it just because things like Facebook and other social media platforms were used more or something? I was only 18 during the 2012 election cycle and I was honestly pretty clueless. I actually voted Romney. But to this day I feel Obama was better for America. I just feel like this last election cycle contained so much hate and vitriol. And the very very sad thing is that it seems to have spilled over from Nov. 8. It still feels like the election. I can no longer listen to my favorite local radio talk show because all they talk about is TRUMP!!!! It just is exhausting honesty and I feel America has become such a joke because of this. 

It got so silly I decided to quit paying much attention. I stopped watching the debates, I stopped following the news and it was so refreshing. And then my curiosity got the best of me. Now I feel like I can't even turn on CNN with some idiotic Trump surrogate getting interviewed on there. It's just depressing. And for me it's not really that Hillary lost, it's the fact he elected a total jack-ass. If it were ANYONE else in the GOP pool I'd figure out how to deal with it. But I just really can't take it anymore. 

But what do you think?

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
RE: Are elections always as nasty as this last one we had
I don't think people usually get as emotionally invested in the elections as they did this time. Though there are people every election that talk a lot of bullshit like if their candidate loses they're moving to Canada but they never commit to it.

People can be super mean and angry no matter their politics. For example I've had people tell me to kill myself just because I voted Trump. I had friends hold our friendship ransom in order to get me to vote for their candidate. It's all really pathetic honestly.
1860 Presidential election.
I've been voting since 1988, and I've never seen anything like this. The internet's been around for awhile now, so people have been able to air their voices online for about 20 years.

Nothing like this. I've never seen a significant political movement in the U.S. that was so goddamn spiteful and based on revenge for perceived wrongs. I've seen it on Facebook and a large community that I had to leave because the discourse became so vile and frankly, lower than whale shit due to Trumpsters. The good of the country ain't what's on their minds. They want to get back at racial minorities and every white person that voted for Obama. They can never articulate in any meaningful fashion just what they want revenge for though. And if they're a minority, they're an incredibly vocal, crude, stupid one that Trump doesn't seem interested in reigning in.

I've never been afraid of the government. I've been angry, disappointed, and disgusted, but never afraid. Now I'm afraid.
Danny Ortega says no.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
1828 Presidential election.
No they're not. Some were. It seems like we get a sort of paradigm-shifting event - our own insignificant Seldon Crisis, if you will - every 40 years or so, give or take 10. This was one of those.
How will we know, when the morning comes, we are still human? - 2D

Don't worry, my friend.  If this be the end, then so shall it be.
(January 19, 2017 at 9:36 am)Opoponax Wrote: I've been voting since 1988, and I've never seen anything like this. The internet's been around for awhile now, so people have been able to air their voices online for about 20 years.

Nothing like this. I've never seen a significant political movement in the U.S. that was so goddamn spiteful and based on revenge for perceived wrongs. I've seen it on Facebook and a large community that I had to leave because the discourse became so vile and frankly, lower than whale shit due to Trumpsters. The good of the country ain't what's on their minds. They want to get back at racial minorities and every white person that voted for Obama. They can never articulate in any meaningful fashion just what they want revenge for though. And if they're a minority, they're an incredibly vocal, crude, stupid one that Trump doesn't seem interested in reigning in.

I've never been afraid of the government. I've been angry, disappointed, and disgusted, but never afraid. Now I'm afraid.

This speech needs this backing music and Natalie Portman reading it out.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

'Nasty' I suppose is as good a word as most in describing what happened to Bernie.

I only belatedly came to realize the chicanery behind the scenes, and I'd like to think others were as surprised as I was that folks like Debbie Wasserman Shultz, Donna Brazile, Hillary Clinton and the rest were found to be not above such things.

Before the IA caucuses I saw Bernie supports, out in the cold, attracting attention with their enthusiasm at the mall in Sioux City. I never dreamt that Bernie and those kids would face a greater challenge from their own party than anything they may have fairly faced in a general election.

I also note the smoke screen, mirrors, deflections and distractions of the bogus Putin angle is primarily covering and shielding the Dem party from rebuilding itself now to prevent such foul/vile practices in future races.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Oh my gosh! orlon13 how dare you suggest Hilary and the Democrats are at fault! Stop complaining; you must me a Trump supporting Nazi!

It's scary how willing people are to believe whatever comes out of the mouth of their favourite candidate. The Russians are a nice distraction so the Democrats can continue to field shitty candidates and not take the time to really understand why they lost. They are trying as hard as possible to hand the presidential election to Donald Trump in 2020. I hope the Green Party can continue to grow and eventually replace the Democrats!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1687 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Biden had to walk back a tax increase jasonelijah 6 830 March 31, 2021 at 5:45 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  The grass is not always Greene-r Brian37 4 490 February 5, 2021 at 8:20 am
Last Post: no one
  Anyone watch last night's debate? Brian37 9 833 September 30, 2020 at 9:28 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  So....why are crazy leaders always have a funny hair or facial hair? WinterHold 23 3232 July 31, 2019 at 9:50 am
Last Post: Drich
  Saudi Arabia had been sold :) WinterHold 4 1217 January 25, 2019 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  It's Just One Vote and It's Just One Carbon Footprint Duty 16 992 October 26, 2018 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  State level elections in BAvaria yield ground breaking results Deesse23 0 245 October 15, 2018 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Even The FOX FUX Have Had Eniough of the Orange Turdfuhrer Minimalist 2 364 October 11, 2018 at 12:40 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Lets get rid of primary elections when electing our president GODZILLA 79 8544 July 2, 2018 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan