Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 10:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist billboards in Atlanta
Atheist billboards in Atlanta
Have you guys heard about this? Apparently the Freedom From Religion Foundation has bought like 50 billboards in the Atlanta area with anti-religion messages. The organization has done this elsewhere, but apparently this is its largest ad campaign in any state so far.

[Image: imaginenoreligionbillboard.jpg]

This should stir things up in Bible-ville. The local news station is doing a report on it tonight.
Just watched it. They talked to one local atheist, who is a member of the organization against two believers, one a preacher and one a regular church member. At least it was balanced. lol
Our Daily Train blog at jeremystyron.com

---
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea | By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown | Till human voices wake us, and we drown. — T.S. Eliot

"... man always has to decide for himself in the darkness, that he must want beyond what he knows. ..." — Simone de Beauvoir

"As if that blind rage had washed me clean, rid me of hope; for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself—so like a brother, really—I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again." — Albert Camus, "The Stranger"
---
RE: Atheist billboards in Atlanta
Excellent.

It will give ignorant xtians something else to burn aside from the koran.
Cooooool.
(September 12, 2010 at 10:41 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Excellent.

Indeed.
Our Daily Train blog at jeremystyron.com

---
We have lingered in the chambers of the sea | By sea-girls wreathed with seaweed red and brown | Till human voices wake us, and we drown. — T.S. Eliot

"... man always has to decide for himself in the darkness, that he must want beyond what he knows. ..." — Simone de Beauvoir

"As if that blind rage had washed me clean, rid me of hope; for the first time, in that night alive with signs and stars, I opened myself to the gentle indifference of the world. Finding it so much like myself—so like a brother, really—I felt that I had been happy and that I was happy again." — Albert Camus, "The Stranger"
---
(September 13, 2010 at 1:53 am)everythingafter Wrote:
(September 12, 2010 at 10:41 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Excellent.

Indeed.

Indubitably
It's funny how theists want to spread their lies and myths all over the world with tracts and television ads and such, but when anyone else wants to do the same its a problem! Just another perfect example of what a true hypocrite really is. They claim this so called "freedom of speech" here in the U.S. for themselves, but no one who opposes their nonsense has the same right.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

I'd love to see billboards like this where I live! It would be a hoot to see all the religious whackos get their panties in a bunch!
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
^5s are in order. I love these ad campaigns.
lol. The only people who put up billboards are evangelicals and atheists. (To spread a belief or lack of one)

Is there really a lot of difference between the two?
They are both evagelists...
Its ok to have doubt, just dont let that doubt become the answers.

You dont hate God, you hate the church game.

"God is not what you imagine or what you think you understand. If you understand you have failed." Saint Augustine

Your mind works very simply: you are either trying to find out what are God's laws in order to follow them; or you are trying to outsmart Him. -Martin H. Fischer
I am a Normal Bob Smith fan they should put up some God is fake billboards that will really get all of those Christian panties in a bunch.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Columbia, SC gets two atheism billboards Mister Agenda 21 5078 December 6, 2011 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda