Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 12:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SNP
SNP
Thread #1 of SNP news and related things.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-sc...s-38704218

Quote:Any moves by the UK government to limit immigration could "seriously harm" Scotland's economy, a Holyrood minister has warned.

International development minister Alasdair Allan claimed Brexit will cause "immeasurable harm" to Scotland.

He said further damage could be inflicted by limiting the number of people who can come to the UK.

The UK government said the immigration system takes Scotland's needs into account.

The Scottish government has vowed to oppose any changes to the rules which create barriers for businesses by preventing them from taking on the staff they need.

The number of people living in Scotland is projected to grow by 7% between 2014 and 2039, with 90% of the rise in the next decade expected to come from inward migration.

In a letter to the UK Home Affairs Select Committee's inquiry into immigration policy, Mr Allan said a "key priority" in tackling Scotland's ageing population was attracting working-age migrants to the country.
RE: Fucking SNP
Brexit showed that Brits considered themselves distinct from the EU.

Perhaps the Scots are beginning to think different about their needs being met in post-Brexit UK.

Do they have a right to "take back control"? I wonder.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Who's this "we" that'd be fucked, the scots.. or you brits?    Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(January 22, 2017 at 2:12 am)Moros Synackaon Wrote: Brexit showed that Brits considered themselves distinct from the EU.

Perhaps the Scots are beginning to think different about their needs being met in post-Brexit UK.

Do they have a right to "take back control"? I wonder.

I was born in Scotland, and live here. I consider myself both Scottish and British.

We had a referendum on Independence back in 2014 and the majority voted to stay part of the UK. If another referendum does happen then I will be voting to remain in the Union.

It's that simple but fortunately another referendum is unlikely.
But they wanna take back control because..........
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(January 24, 2017 at 12:39 am)Orochi Wrote: But they wanna take back control because..........

Because they think Westminster is shafting Scotland.

Rousing, though.
(January 24, 2017 at 1:09 am)Minimalist Wrote: [video]

Rousing, though.

What do you expect from the bloody English?
Speaking as a part Native part Francophone

Yup typical English
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb