Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 3:10 pm

Poll: Do you like condensed soup well enough? (Obviously, tinned soup is tinned soup any way you eat it)
This poll is closed.
America first, baby! Condensed soup is great value for yo dollar, and the small size of the cans is an absolute godsend for my (preppers bunker) family's food-mowing needs!
0%
0 0%
Canned isn't the way to go if you can avoid it, but if you got it into yer head that tinned soup is for you then CONDENSED soup is a poverty food by that already destitute comparison! Taste is imperative.
40.00%
2 40.00%
The real question is if Violet is using this poll to identify those she will save from the end of life event and those who will be made to eat the bed they made for themselves when they supported condensing tinned soups.
60.00%
3 60.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Condensed soup is Ebola.
Condensed soup is Ebola.
I've now spent considerable time in two countries, America and England. In that time, I've had plenty of opportunities to 'enjoy' various canned goods, a very prominent variety for small lunches or dinners being tinned soup. 

While America is by and far the better country in innumerable ways, there is one very bitter concession that I must make: American tinned soup is Ebola. It is literally inferior in every way except to store in bulk. This is because we in America have a strong tendency to separate much of the water from the solution on the belief that we can just add it back later and it'll be as good as original, packing more value into less space!

But we're wrong. The taste is inferior. The texture is inferior. And god damn if I can get the water and the soup to twain in any manner resembling the goodness that is the original mixture. It refuses to recombine adequately, once you're aware of what the original (noncondensed) variety is like.

I'll give us in America this: we understand that salt is an important part of our food. But what we can't seem to get through our skulls is that the proportions are way off, and though it's soluble in the added water: it never seems to stick with the mixture AND the added water... huge (if you have any palate or experience with real soups at all) dehydrated chunks of mealstuff just refuse to marry with the salts in a respectable manner, often leaving that incredible film of water that pervades such dishes to be incredibly salty in comparison.

It's an embarassment to my country that we allow ourselves to be not-the-best in any singular category, after all: we're supposed to be the best. Truly will I miss the soups from England when we immigrate back to the land that realizes that Chilis are a thing and baked beans aren't buttered-sugar level of sweet. >__<
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
RE: Condensed soup is Ebola.
I hate most soup. It's just flavored salt water. It grosses me out.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
Can I have ramen with that?
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
I've seen Campbell's Cream of Ebola soup in Tesco's.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Soup reminds me of vomit, dipping crusty bread into vomit yuk. England is by far the better country,  less religious and less Trumpy.
You'd love egg soup, then. It has the exact colourless consistency of watery, phlegmy vomit. And you top it with grated parmesan, which smells like vomit. It has the distinction of being one of the few meals that is the same coming out as when it went in.

Bon appetit!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(February 7, 2017 at 9:37 am)Sal Wrote: Can I have ramen with that?

Only Maruchan Ramen is up to snuff out of the prepackaged Ramen meals...  and that isn't to say their noodles are good. 

I miss the Ramen Republic... used to be a quaint little cafe down in Denton, Texas... a damn shame it had to close. It was really too far away from where I lived, else perhaps they'd still be open Sad
Anyway, you're a hairy biker, you know all about cuisine.
(February 7, 2017 at 9:43 am)Stimbo Wrote: I've seen Campbell's Cream of Ebola soup in Tesco's.

Surely not the condensed Cream of Ebola you'd find in America... it can be so much worse, Stimbo.

(February 7, 2017 at 9:46 am)HairyCyclist Wrote: Soup reminds me of vomit, dipping crusty bread into vomit yuk. England is by far the better country,  less religious and less Trumpy.

Religion is too close to the heart of both nations... and neither nation is nearly Trumpy enough. But that's okay, sir: we will make america Trumpy again in 2020! Wink
(February 7, 2017 at 10:23 am)Violet Wrote:
(February 7, 2017 at 9:37 am)Sal Wrote: Can I have ramen with that?

Only Maruchan Ramen is up to snuff out of the prepackaged Ramen meals...  and that isn't to say their noodles are good. 

I miss the Ramen Republic... used to be a quaint little cafe down in Denton, Texas... a damn shame it had to close. It was really too far away from where I lived, else perhaps they'd still be open Sad

Oh God. Those fucking disgusting 99 cent packaged Ramen.... I'm gagging just thinking about it.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Soup a Drink? T.J. 14 852 December 5, 2021 at 2:16 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Turtle soup recipe vorlon13 15 3018 December 14, 2015 at 11:41 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Chinese Eat Baby Soup For Sex Red Celt 18 5328 July 26, 2013 at 8:47 am
Last Post: Doubting Thomas