Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:06 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noah
Noah
Noah peace be upon him was a prophet.
God revealed to him, that the people of Noah should worship God before painful torture comes.

Quran: Sura number 71
( 1 )   Indeed, We sent Noah to his people, [saying], "Warn your people before there comes to them a painful torture."
( 2 )   He said, "O my people, indeed I am to you a clear warner,
( 3 )   [Saying], 'Worship Allah, fear Him and obey me.
( 4 )   Allah will forgive you of your sins and delay you for a specified term. Indeed, the time [set by] Allah, when it comes, will not be delayed, if you only knew.' "

If they worship God as Noah peace be upon him says, the coming torture will be delayed.
But they didn't believe. 

( 5 )   He said, "My Lord, indeed I invited my people [to truth] night and day.
( 6 )   But my invitation increased them not except in flight.
( 7 )   And indeed, every time I invited them that You may forgive them, they put their fingers in their ears, covered themselves with their garments, persisted, and were arrogant with [great] arrogance.
( 8 )   Then I invited them publicly.
( 9 )   Then I announced to them and [also] confided to them secretly
( 10 )   And said, 'Ask forgiveness of your Lord. Indeed, He is ever a Perpetual Forgiver.

God would forgive them if they only came to him. He is merciful, forgives.
But Noah's people didn't believe him.

( 11 )   He will send [rain from] the sky upon you in [continuing] showers

( 12 )   And give you increase in wealth and children and provide for you gardens and provide for you rivers.

( 13 )   What is [the matter] with you that you do not attribute to Allah [due] grandeur

( 14 )   While He has created you in stages?

( 15 )   Do you not consider how Allah has created seven heavens in layers

( 16 )   And made the moon therein a [reflected] light and made the sun a burning lamp?

( 17 )   And Allah has caused you to grow from the earth a [progressive] growth.

( 18 )   Then He will return you into it and extract you [another] extraction.

( 19 )   And Allah has made for you the earth an expanse
( 20 )   That you may follow therein roads of passage.' 

Rain would not flood them if they believe.
Their wealth and children would blossom.

Humans are born in stages. Didn't they see that?
We -humans- were grown like plants from this earth. Didn't they see that?

Stages. First grown. Then born; a production of a beautiful mating. Then become infants, stages.

( 21 )   Noah said, "My Lord, indeed they have disobeyed me and followed him whose wealth and children will not increase him except in loss.
( 22 )   And they conspired an immense conspiracy.
( 23 )   And said, 'Never leave your gods and never leave Wadd or Suwa' or Yaghuth and Ya'uq and Nasr.
( 24 )   And already they have misled many. And, [my Lord], do not increase the wrongdoers except in error."
( 25 )   Because of their sins they were drowned and put into the Fire, and they found not for themselves besides Allah [any] helpers.

They disobeyed Noah. Laughed at him.
He warned them about the impending doom, but they laughed at him.
Followed the wrong cause. Followed the wrong pick; wrong people.

Followed stones, idols, what never replies to them, what never sends the rain.

( 26 )   And Noah said, "My Lord, do not leave upon the earth from among the disbelievers an inhabitant.
( 27 )   Indeed, if You leave them, they will mislead Your servants and not beget except [every] wicked one and [confirmed] disbeliever.
( 28 )   My Lord, forgive me and my parents and whoever enters my house a believer and the believing men and believing women. And do not increase the wrongdoers except in destruction."

The flood came, but Noah survived.
RE: Noah
We know the story. I forget if the bible talks about Noah trying to save his neighbors. If not, at least this version is nicer than the others.

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to get at with the thread. Surely you don't expect it to convert many.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

No one ever bothers to do the math on Noah and the flood.

Let's round off the increase in water to 30,000 feet.

It comes down in 40 days. That's 750 feet per day, or 9000 inches.

Would you call that phenomena rain ? It rains more in an hour than it rains in the rainiest place on earth (Hawaii) in an ENTIRE year.

Hell, your freaking shower head doesn't put out water that fast.

Any eyewitness to precip like that would not use the word 'rain' to describe it. and how the hell would you dry it up? Even the hottest most parched and forsaken deserts don't evaporate water any where close to as fast as the Bible describes either. The earth could make an astonishingly close pass to the sun and still not receive enough BTUs to evap that much water.

Oh, yeah, and as previously noted, the Egyptians missed out on it too.

Maybe it didn't fucking happen ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I see Noah as a fictional character, and the flood as too physically improbable in its magnitude to take seriously.
All that water if placed in space (and froze over the surface) would be the in the size range of Rhea, or Iapetus, moons of Saturn.

It's a long tall drink, to be sure.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

@AtlasS33 : Imaginary blessings unto your imaginary Noah! May he prosper for eternity in your mind. I , for one, am to busy to think about such nonsense.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Piss be upon him.
(February 11, 2017 at 7:04 pm)HairyCyclist Wrote: Piss be upon him.

Do you think when god murdered everything in the flood he put that chemical in the water that makes piss turn blue? Just for his own entertainment that is?
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Quote:Noah peace be upon him was a prophet.

Noah, Fuck Him Up The Ass, is a myth.  Time to grow up, son.  It's the 21st century.
(February 11, 2017 at 7:29 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Noah peace be upon him was a prophet.

Noah, Fuck Him Up The Ass, is a myth.  Time to grow up, son.  It's the 21st century.

Bore a striking resemblance to Russell Crowe, though.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Noah movie already banned in Islam professor 32 9194 April 9, 2014 at 7:22 am
Last Post: Confused Ape