Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 11:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noah movie already banned in Islam
Noah movie already banned in Islam
Hasn't even come out yet.
They have a rule against depictions of prophets.
Noah is considered a prophet.

And over here, apparently enough people like myself have objected to the re-writing of the story by the producers that they have added a disclaimer to it.

Will there be a brisk business coming to the M.E. in bootleg copies?
RE: Noah movie already banned in Islam
(March 9, 2014 at 3:43 pm)professor Wrote: Hasn't even come out yet.
They have a rule against depictions of prophets.
Noah is considered a prophet.

And over here, apparently enough people like myself have objected to the re-writing of the story by the producers that they have added a disclaimer to it.

Will there be a brisk business coming to the M.E. in bootleg copies?

And Ken Ham has come out calling it "Biblically inaccurate".

I wasn't planning on seeing it, ever, but if doing so would upset nuts like conservative Muslims and Ham . . .
Dying to live, living to die.
Iran made a movie depicting a Prophet. Prophet Yusuf/Joseph specifically.
So the guys that believe a different fairy tale from the one you believe are banning a story from your fairy tale. How cliche, disagreement for untestable hypothesys. Are you surprised? We have history full of religious motivated wars, ffs. But indeed of you're talking about the free speech principles, then I agree they are doing wrong. At any rate, it is something that christians did and continue to do to this day.

Colour me surprised Dodgy
(March 9, 2014 at 3:45 pm)Beccs Wrote: And Ken Ham has come out calling it "Biblically inaccurate".

I wasn't planning on seeing it, ever, but if doing so would upset nuts like conservative Muslims and Ham . . .

Good Ol' Ken was warned it was biblically inaccurate by the studio itself, which warned America of the fact. He's late to the complaint party.
[Image: Untitled2_zpswaosccbr.png]
(March 9, 2014 at 3:50 pm)thesummerqueen Wrote:
(March 9, 2014 at 3:45 pm)Beccs Wrote: And Ken Ham has come out calling it "Biblically inaccurate".

Good Ol' Ken was warned it was biblically inaccurate by the studio itself, which warned America of the fact. He's late to the complaint party.

This is Ken Ham.

Facts bounce off him.

Cool Shades
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 9, 2014 at 3:43 pm)professor Wrote: And over here, apparently enough people like myself have objected to the re-writing of the story by the producers that they have added a disclaimer to it.

I would love to be the guy that got to write that.

"This preposterous movie is not an accurate representation of the equally preposterous source material."

Or how about, "If you think any part of this story is representative of any actual event in human history, seek professional help."
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
That's odd, because I thought that Islam accepts that there were 'many' prophets sent by God. Noah was a fictional character, so...whatevs.

Sounds like they object to just the depiction of prophets, only?
Its like trekkies fighting star wars fans.
(March 9, 2014 at 3:59 pm)Deidre32 Wrote: Sounds like they object to just the depiction of prophets, only?

Not all Muslims do. There was a series about Joseph/Yusuf who is considered a Prophet in Islam, produced by Iran.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liberal Movement in Islam or Western Islam, the fight against islamic extremism Ashendant 16 7856 December 20, 2019 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Dawkins banned from Berkerley's KPFA Radio over "abusive" speech against Islam GUBU 11 4086 July 24, 2017 at 7:42 pm
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  Noah WinterHold 28 5715 February 12, 2017 at 11:20 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Zakir Naik's Peace TV has been banned in Bangladesh and India ReptilianPeon 0 988 July 19, 2016 at 2:53 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Should Islam be banned? Lemonvariable72 69 15078 July 21, 2015 at 1:04 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5470 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Marine banned from daughter’s school over Islam homework mralstoner 24 6040 November 4, 2014 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: Lao Shizi
  Anti-Islam Dutch politician converts to Islam Muslim Scholar 58 33836 May 16, 2013 at 5:48 pm
Last Post: Violet
  Mixed sex handshakes banned in somalia downbeatplumb 41 9585 January 14, 2011 at 10:58 am
Last Post: Thor