Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 9:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orange Pi vs Raspberry Pi
Orange Pi vs Raspberry Pi
If you are interested in the orange pi check out aliexpress. 

Now... i will say this because this is  my first time using something like this i have to say that the Orange Pi not bad.
And it's not user friendly hell from what i seen with the raspberry pi its easier to set  up out of the box but this was a bit of nightmare
as the board itself has a AV output. Then the wires themselves are color coded wrong red being the video white and yellow being right
and left audio. I thought i had  done something wrong as i put in a flash micro sd  of RetrOrangePi and seen nothing

pro -
its cheap 
easy to use and set up

cons -
not new user friendly 
takes time to set up
you need that expansion card.

brief update due to my idiocy because i over complicate things.
Again i had all this trouble because of a fucking AV cable.  Tongue 
this is what i get from buying stuff from china i suppose.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
RE: Orange Pi vs Raspberry Pi
I once bought a ChinaPhone that approximated a Samsung Galaxy S3.

Utter disaster. Phone smelled like shit, seller smelled like shit, GPS chip wasn't connected to any antennae and lacked Extended Precision Orbit information and the software had incomplete/nonfunctional drivers for various subsystems (Camera, GPS barely functional, bluetooth non functional).

After I got some of it to work, I learned enough to decide it wasn't my cup of tea.

And that Android is the devils own asshole when it comes to violating Linux architecture and modern software practices. "Open" platform my ass. It's useless when the UX experience is a bug ridden, memory fragmentation hell ride.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
RE: Orange Pi vs Raspberry Pi
I'm running OSMC on a Raspberry Pi 3. it only took a few minutes to setup, and it works just fine so no complaints here.
Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.
[Image: JUkLw58.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Another Orange man filter Sterben 7 454 July 31, 2018 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Kodi on Raspberry Pi 3 popeyespappy 0 714 May 6, 2016 at 11:01 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  New Raspberry Pi released zebo-the-fat 7 1842 February 2, 2015 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Raspberry Pi anyone? Angrboda 17 6029 August 26, 2013 at 3:48 pm
Last Post: pocaracas