Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:57 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Putin: Less of a Mysogynist Prick Than the WLB
Putin: Less of a Mysogynist Prick Than the WLB
Who would have guessed it?

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/vladimir...omens-day/

Quote:Vladimir Putin’s message to women on International Women’s Day

Quote:Russian President Vladimir Putin penned a 250-word letter to the women in his country on International Women’s Day asking , “How do they manage it all?” when it comes to multitasking.

“You care day and night for your children, grandchildren and your family,” Putin said in his annual statement. “Even today, on International Women’s Day, you are still caught up in your routine, working tirelessly, always on time. We often ask ourselves, how do they manage it all?”

Not a single word about grabbing pussies or being "10's".
RE: Putin: Less of a Mysogynist Prick Than the WLB
I talk about grabbing pussy and women being 10s.  I don't see anything inherantly mysogynistic about it.

It's not normal for a president to talk like that admittedly.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(March 8, 2017 at 4:31 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Who would have guessed it?

Quote:Russian President Vladimir Putin penned a 250-word letter to the women in his country on International Women’s Day asking , “How do they manage it all?” when it comes to multitasking.

“You care day and night for your children, grandchildren and your family,” Putin said in his annual statement. “Even today, on International Women’s Day, you are still caught up in your routine, working tirelessly, always on time. We often ask ourselves, how do they manage it all?”

That's still extremely sexist.  All women do is take care of babies and clean the house?  I mean, those are important things (It's what I do, so I'm not dissing it), but to basically say it's what all women do (or should do) is a terrible message.

Did Trump even have a message for women today?
“Eternity is a terrible thought. I mean, where's it going to end?” 
― Tom StoppardRosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead
Putin's message is oozing with regressive gender roles and expectations, a far cry from what I expect (and mostly get) from my country's leaders. When I hear "how do they do it all" between the lines I hear, not too subtly, "really, they shouldn't have a career, it's too much to ask beside all the house work".
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I don't buy it. When he comes out in support of women on a day not dedicated to women, I will believe that he may not actually be talking out of his ass to appease people.
(March 8, 2017 at 5:25 pm)paulpablo Wrote: I talk about grabbing pussy and women being 10s.  I don't see anything inherantly mysogynistic about it.

Yabut, you're PaulPablo. It comes with the territory.

I can't hear the words "International Women's Day" without thinking of Deadpool anymore.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(March 8, 2017 at 4:31 pm)Minimalist Wrote: Who would have guessed it?

The implicit message is "men can rightfully work less, be more feckless, and congratulate themselves for not being born women by being condescending to women who work more, and are always on time"
Let's be fair, Chuck -- praise is worth much more than effort.

(March 8, 2017 at 11:48 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I can't hear the words "International Women's Day" without thinking of Deadpool anymore.

Anyone remember the women's year? It was 1975 and I fear this International Women's Day will be as consequential as the whole year. Maybe less, since back then, at least reproductive rights had been implemented in most western european countries. But it took another two years before German women could open their own bank accounts without consent of their husbands. And for the husband no longer being entitled to force his wife out of her job because he felt in need of her services.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You Have Less than One Year ZoomerTrumper 4 255 February 26, 2024 at 12:41 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  Putin it here Foxaèr 13 876 March 8, 2022 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Trump is Putin's gimp WinterHold 46 2518 December 21, 2020 at 2:04 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Russia's Putin wants traditional marriage and God in constitution zebo-the-fat 17 1490 March 4, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  So Not Every WLB Voter Was a Racist Retard. Minimalist 16 1074 October 29, 2018 at 12:16 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Americans supporting sexual misconduct survivors even less than before? Rev. Rye 6 946 October 28, 2018 at 8:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Judge Tells The WLB to Go Fuck Himself Minimalist 0 856 October 25, 2018 at 5:18 pm
  Maybe Putin Will Write A Check? Minimalist 0 264 October 13, 2018 at 11:44 pm
  Putin Comes To The Orange Shitgibbon's Defense Minimalist 10 1534 September 24, 2018 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  No Wall? The WLB is Unhappy Minimalist 9 872 September 21, 2018 at 6:30 am
Last Post: arewethereyet