Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 19, 2024, 5:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Atheist Forums is now HTTPS only.
Atheist Forums is now HTTPS only.
I have just reconfigured the forum so will now only run over HTTPS rather than allowing HTTP. This increases the security of the site for our users, and also helps protect user privacy. We have had HTTPS enabled for several years, but only 22% of requests to the site were made over HTTPS (as of earlier today). With the new configuration, this number should increase to near 100%. HTTP is still enabled, but users will get automatically redirected to the HTTPS version of the site.

As always, please report any bugs in the appropriate forum: https://atheistforums.org/forum-69.html
RE: Atheist Forums is now HTTPS only.
Thanks for the head's up, Tibs.

And I'm sure it should be noted that forum-69 is very different to area 69, lol.
Sweet! Now Firefox will quit whining when I log in. Thanks!
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
Only problem I have is that my phone cannot establish a secure connection to AF, now.

Probably a phone setting somewhere or something to do with location.
Dying to live, living to die.
Nice green "Secure" sign in the URL bar. One less thing to worry about. BZ
(March 15, 2017 at 3:32 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Only problem I have is that my phone cannot establish a secure connection to AF, now.

Can you PM me some details about the phone and the browser you are using (versions, etc.)
(March 15, 2017 at 3:55 pm)Tiberius Wrote:
(March 15, 2017 at 3:32 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Only problem I have is that my phone cannot establish a secure connection to AF, now.

Can you PM me some details about the phone and the browser you are using (versions, etc.)

Works fine here with Android. But Valk probably has one of those snooty hipster iphones. Tongue
Nothing really seems different on my Samsung phone.

I mean that in a no issues here kind of way.
“What screws us up the most in life is the picture in our head of what it's supposed to be.”

Also if your signature makes my scrolling mess up "you're tacky and I hate you."
Can confirm Android is the best.

Works fine.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I have been using https a long time. Working fine on my end.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Future of the Forums (Discussion) Tiberius 130 19851 May 6, 2020 at 9:47 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Make Atheist Forums Great Again (Part 4) Tiberius 27 4733 April 27, 2019 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Make Atheist Forums Great Again (Part 1) Tiberius 201 26605 January 11, 2019 at 7:08 pm
Last Post: Cod
  Make Atheist Forums Great Again (Part 3) Forum Bot 33 6098 December 31, 2018 at 11:52 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  [Serious] Make Atheist Forums Great Again (Part 2) Tiberius 81 10649 December 19, 2018 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: mlmooney89
  User Suggestions for Future of Atheist Forums Shell B 47 7134 November 30, 2018 at 12:39 am
Last Post: Tiberius
  Atheist Forums Financial Report 2017 Tiberius 12 3187 January 11, 2018 at 5:51 am
Last Post: Sal
  Cards Against Atheist Forums Tiberius 32 15873 September 27, 2017 at 5:07 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Atheist Forums' 12 Days of Christmas Tiberius 19 4248 December 23, 2016 at 9:32 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Atheist Forums Holiday Logo 2016! Tiberius 13 2988 December 2, 2016 at 8:04 am
Last Post: account_inactive