Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 5:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING! The Great Trump Tax Hype Bombshell!
BREAKING! The Great Trump Tax Hype Bombshell!
From all the bitching and moaning from the Left and the Never Trumpers for President Trump to release his taxes, Rachel Maddow delivered the great bombshell, President Trump's 2005 Tax Returns! The great bombshell hype? President Trump paid 25% income taxes totaling $38 million, (The New York Times once suggested that Trump may not have paid any income tax for 18 years).  Maddow's bombshell didn't even fizzle. It was a dud.

Quote:In just a second we’re going to show you exactly what it is we’ve got,” she said, before launching, instead, into a 20-minute monologue. Maddow seemed uncharacteristically nervous as she wended her way though what could kindly be described as context and which I am unkindly describing as word salad, a long meander that was difficult to follow even without the distracting promise of a revelatory tax return at its end.

The monologue started contextually enough, with a long-winded skewering of Trump’s refusal to share his tax returns that touched on Richard Nixon, the Clintons, and his unaudited tax forms, before veering off conspiratorially. “Whether or not you are a supporter of Donald Trump,” Maddow said, “It ought to give you pause that his explanations [for not releasing his tax returns] have never made any factual sense. … When you get an excuse from them that doesn't make sense, you have to look for another reason. What’s the real explanation? Well, choose your own adventure.” She then launched into a long hypothetical about a particular Russian oligarch’s possible relationship to Trump that touched on Florida real estate, Deutsche Bank, and Preet Bharara that Trump’s tax returns—though not, as it would turn out, the ones she actually had—could conceivably clear up.
The longer Maddow went on, ever deeper into a conspiratorial thicket, the clearer it became that whatever tax returns Maddow had, they weren’t as juicy as the ones she was talking about.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2017...tacle.html

After the great bombshell tax dud Maddow became the target of ridicule

"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
RE: BREAKING! The Great Trump Tax Hype Bombshell!
And, as David Cay Johnson pointed out, the only reason the WLB paid as much as he did is because of the Alternative Minimum Tax which he wants to get rid of.
He's a miserable cocksucker, Adolf.  Fuck him and you.
But that wasn't the long-form tax return. People have to keep hounding him for months until he produces that one.
I somewhat agree, Theist. Whole thing makes the media look like a joke. It's important to see the FULL returns; too bad we never will
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
Who cares this doesn't prove he consistently pays taxes year after year. Nor does it prove he's not hoarding money over seas. Nor does it prove he was telling the truth on the form people lie on tax returns all the time. All this proves that one year he paid then bare minimum which of course forces other people to make up for his slack. Ultimately I would not be surprised if Trump himself leaked those documents to distract away from the disaster of Trump care .His bullshit slander of Obama. And the fact his fascist Muslim hate law is going down in flames. It's all bread a circus
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(March 16, 2017 at 11:42 am)A Theist Wrote:

Even when your fuhrer tries to spin the news he manages to fit both feet into his mouth and his head up his arse. 86% of the tax you're crowing about is tax he was forced to pay through a law he wants to scrap.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
I never really gave a shit whether and how much Trump paid in taxes. I also don't really care about his likely lies concerning his being such a generous benefactor to charitable causes.

What concerns me are the sources of his income. I want to know who stands to gain by his Presidency -- especially foreign actors. Two pages of a single return from a decade ago doesn't cut it. But Aegon's right: we'll never see the long forms.
(March 16, 2017 at 12:03 pm)Aegon Wrote: I somewhat agree, Theist. Whole thing makes the media look like a joke. It's important to see the FULL returns; too bad we never will

I disagree. The whole thing makes Rachel Maddow look like a joke, which is honestly surprising for her. She completely overhyped what she had. She claimed via twitter that "We've got Trump tax returns." before then claiming that it was actually just the 1040 form from 2005, and then after delaying the news further on her own show, they reveal 2 pages.

Don't get me wrong, I think releasing the pages was important and the right thing to do, but it didn't need that much fanfare.
Trump is an oxygen thief.
(March 16, 2017 at 12:38 pm)Crossless1 Wrote: I never really gave a shit whether and how much Trump paid in taxes. I also don't really care about his likely lies concerning his being such a generous benefactor to charitable causes.

What concerns me are the sources of his income. I want to know who stands to gain by his Presidency -- especially foreign actors. Two pages of a single return from a decade ago doesn't cut it. But Aegon's right: we'll never see the long forms.

Never can tell, though. Maybe David Cay Johnston will find another batch of the President's tax returns in his mailbox again. After all, the New York Times suggested that the President may not have paid income taxes for the last 18 years, then lo and behold, two pages of Trump's returns from 2005 ended up in Johnston's mailbox, (so he says he found them there)....   wonder how Johnston actually ended up with the President's tax return?
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BREAKING: Loujain Al-Hathloul FREE ! thanks Biden ! WinterHold 24 1118 February 15, 2021 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  BREAKING:Italy charges Egyptian security agency officials over murder of Giulio R. WinterHold 27 1143 December 14, 2020 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  BREAKING:Clashes erupt after Trump loyalists march against election results WinterHold 28 2031 December 14, 2020 at 11:54 am
Last Post: Aegon
  BREAKING: Muslims confronting ISIS terrorist and save Austrian Wounded Cop. WinterHold 18 1210 November 5, 2020 at 12:25 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  BREAKING: Trump suggests US over-reporting COVID deaths WinterHold 23 1956 November 2, 2020 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  BREAKING: Macron vs Islam: or Macron vs Erdogan ? WinterHold 9 335 October 27, 2020 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  BREAKING: Trump Boasted Of Saving Saudi Prince Over Jamal Khashoggi Killing WinterHold 16 1055 September 13, 2020 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  BREAKING: Former Twitter employees charged with spying for Saudi Arabia WinterHold 14 858 September 6, 2020 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  BREAKING: Saudi Crown Prince accused of assassination plot against exiled official WinterHold 2 486 August 10, 2020 at 10:05 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  BREAKING: Oil crashes by most since 1991 as Saudi Arabia launches price war WinterHold 52 3109 April 25, 2020 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Mr Greene