Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 10:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Stupidity of The WLB is Like The Peace of God.
The Stupidity of The WLB is Like The Peace of God.
It surpasseth all understanding!

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/thats-no...el-tweets/

Quote:‘That’s not how it works’: Trump’s understanding of NATO questioned after Merkel tweets

Apparently Trumpolini thinks NATO is like his mob buddies back in New York running a protection racket.

Quote:On Saturday Ivo Daalder, who was permanent representative to Nato from 2009 to 2013, respond to Trump in a series of Tweets.
"Sorry, Mr President, that's not how Nato works," he wrote. "The US decides for itself how much it contributes to defending Nato. This is not a financial transaction, where Nato countries pay the US to defend them. It is part of our treaty commitment.
"All Nato countries, including Germany, have committed to spend 2% of GDP on defense by 2024. So far five of 28 Nato countries do. Those who currently don't spend 2% of their GDP on defense are now increasing their defense budgets. That's a good thing.
"But no funds will be paid to the US. They are meant to increase Nato's overall defense capabilities, given the growing Russian threat. Europe must spend more on defense, but not as favor (or payment) to the US. But because their security requires it."
Daalder added that the "large military commitment" of the US to Nato was "not a favor to Europe" but was "vital for our own security".

I for one do not think the WLB is kidding.  I think he truly is that ignorant.  Ignorant to a degree not seen since Dubya.
RE: The Stupidity of The WLB is Like The Peace of God.
Indeed rest of the world to trump this is a defensive alliance not a business  or a charity . We don't owe America a thing there in the alliance because it benefits them. Same as everyone else . I also point out the agreement was always meant to be if a country could pay the 2% of GDP .No ones is or should expect a country go bankrupt just to meet the 2% . Plus Trump ignores all the risks and contributions other countries make to the alliance that are not monetary .

I also remember when Trump said Nato has the wrong countries to fight terrorism . I can only imagine the motley assortment of thugs, murders ,and tin pot dictators Trumps would assemble
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Yes, I know what you mean.

That he posts this kind of thing on twitter like a loose cannon, should, in a sound democracy be enough to start a serious investigation in my opinion. Now Germany won't do much in reaction to this irresponsible display except look bewildered, but he's doing the same effing thing with China and others, and that's just madness.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(March 19, 2017 at 7:44 am)Alex K Wrote: That he posts this kind of thing on twitter like a loose cannon, should, in a sound democracy be enough to start a serious investigation in my opinion. Now Germany won't do much in reaction to this irresponsible display except look bewildered, but he's doing the same effing thing with China and others, and that's just madness.

Well, on the positive side, your lot now have 'the leader of the Free World', so you can thank Trump for that much, anyroad.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(March 19, 2017 at 7:54 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(March 19, 2017 at 7:44 am)Alex K Wrote: That he posts this kind of thing on twitter like a loose cannon, should, in a sound democracy be enough to start a serious investigation in my opinion. Now Germany won't do much in reaction to this irresponsible display except look bewildered, but he's doing the same effing thing with China and others, and that's just madness.

Well, on the positive side, your lot now have 'the leader of the Free World', so you can thank Trump for that much, anyroad.

Boru

Leader shmeader, we still have to borrow the nukes from France...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

(March 18, 2017 at 8:05 pm)Minimalist Wrote: It surpasseth all understanding!

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/03/thats-no...el-tweets/

Quote:‘That’s not how it works’: Trump’s understanding of NATO questioned after Merkel tweets

Apparently Trumpolini thinks NATO is like his mob buddies back in New York running a protection racket.

Quote:On Saturday Ivo Daalder, who was permanent representative to Nato from 2009 to 2013, respond to Trump in a series of Tweets.
"Sorry, Mr President, that's not how Nato works," he wrote. "The US decides for itself how much it contributes to defending Nato. This is not a financial transaction, where Nato countries pay the US to defend them. It is part of our treaty commitment.
"All Nato countries, including Germany, have committed to spend 2% of GDP on defense by 2024. So far five of 28 Nato countries do. Those who currently don't spend 2% of their GDP on defense are now increasing their defense budgets. That's a good thing.
"But no funds will be paid to the US. They are meant to increase Nato's overall defense capabilities, given the growing Russian threat. Europe must spend more on defense, but not as favor (or payment) to the US. But because their security requires it."
Daalder added that the "large military commitment" of the US to Nato was "not a favor to Europe" but was "vital for our own security".

I for one do not think the WLB is kidding.  I think he truly is that ignorant.  Ignorant to a degree not seen since Dubya.

Actually, nothing close to this degree of ignorance was ever seen even in Dubya's days.
(March 19, 2017 at 9:18 am)Anomalocaris Wrote: Actually, nothing close to this degree of ignorance was ever seen even in Dubya's days.

The fact that Dubya had both experience running a large state as well as a former US president on his speed dial may have helped considerably.

(March 19, 2017 at 9:23 am)Alex K Wrote:
(March 19, 2017 at 9:18 am)Anomalocaris Wrote: Actually, nothing close to this degree of ignorance was ever seen even in Dubya's days.

The fact that Dubya had both experience running a large state as well as a former US president on his speed dial may have helped considerably.

Dubya was dominated by a cabinet full of nefarious, but nonetheless highly experienced and eminently qualified people who had been cabinet officers before.

Trump's cabinet consists of minimally qualified and completely inexperienced picks for Secretary of State and defense, who are but window dressing for a staff consisting of the Breitbart hack and his 31 year old son in law.
(March 19, 2017 at 9:38 am)Anomalocaris Wrote:
(March 19, 2017 at 9:23 am)Alex K Wrote: The fact that Dubya had both experience running a large state as well as a former US president on his speed dial may have helped considerably.

Plus the fact that dubya was dominated by a cabinet full of nefarious, but nonetheless highly experienced and eminently qualified people who had been cabinet officers before, unlike trump, whose few minimally qualified and completely inexperienced picks for his cabinet are but window dressing for a staff of the Breitbart hack and his 31 year old son in law.

Also that I guess. Too bad Trump doesn't have Darth Cheney controlling him.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fire in Brijest - a predictable result of recycling stupidity? FlatAssembler 66 4037 October 28, 2023 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A Religion of Peace makes the news again brewer 13 635 November 5, 2020 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Deesse23
  4th of more stupidity! Brian37 21 1806 July 3, 2020 at 10:12 pm
Last Post: Lek
  Nobel Peace Prize BrianSoddingBoru4 19 1323 October 13, 2019 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: EgoDeath
  No peace in the Middle East, Netanyahu forced off stage EgoDeath 0 342 September 11, 2019 at 4:03 am
Last Post: EgoDeath
  Let The Wookiee Rest In Peace.... Brian37 9 809 May 4, 2019 at 1:52 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  See, In This I Think They Are Being Unfair To the WLB Minimalist 12 1688 December 6, 2018 at 6:07 pm
Last Post: DeistPaladin
  Another Judge For the WLB to Hate Minimalist 0 455 November 20, 2018 at 11:25 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  THE WLB Will Appoint This Moron To Run The CDC Minimalist 1 421 November 5, 2018 at 1:18 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Like Father Like Son-In-Law Minimalist 1 347 October 14, 2018 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: Joods