Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 3:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick and Morty: Season 3 premiered
Rick and Morty: Season 3 premiered
The first episode of the third season of Rick and Morty came out. It was on Adult Swim's Live stream, however it's rather easy to find on the usual pirate sites.

"Wow" and "Shit!" is my reaction. If you were wondering how Rick was going to escape his predicament, think no more. Just watch it. Morty puts it best: "He's more like a demon. Or a fucked up god." He's right - Rick is a fucked up god. The ending is chilling, from Morty's perspective, as it confirms that Rick is effectively unstoppable, unpredictable and thoroughly divorced from everything.

On an up note, finally no more Jerry. Or not. It's hard to separate the usual R&M from Dan Harmon's divorce. But this episode seemed more mean spirited (if not personal) than usual. You start out emphasizing with Rick, but by the end of it, you feel like you're limited to Morty's position. A meaningless bystander at will of Rick, to be disposed of with nary a thought. Morty is simply the bystander lucky enough to be towed along... for now.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
RE: Rick and Morty: Season 3 premiered
I am now deeply preoccupied with the thought of trying McDonald's szechuan sauce.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Wow. Talk about ghoulish overkill.

You know, I was worried that, after season 2, they'd written themselves into a corner. Nice to know they've pulled it off.

Also, I can't be sure that Jerry and Beth splitting up will be permanent. After all, where will we get that scene from the intro where Jerry gets pregnant if he's not around?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Man, I just happened to stumble upon it after seeing comments about it on some YouTube videos.  I'd have been pissed if I missed it.

I did enjoy it, but it didn't really do anything except tie-up the last season's ending.  I felt like it wasn't on the same level as the other episodes as far as jokes go.  Still, it was just enough to leave me itching for the rest of the season.  Hopefully it will finally get here in the summer.  I know they have an unusually long development process due to using lots of improv, so who knows if it will actually make it.

I'm curious, though, if that memory of Rick losing his family was true, or if it was something he made up.

Did you watch the scene at the end of the credits?

Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
At least it seems Tammy wasn't just using Bird Person to get to Rick.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
WTF no announcement!?!?

I literally just bought this shirt:
[Image: d01e5d079f05c29b0055d14083f8e375.jpg]

"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
I want that McNugget sauce Morty! 9 more seasons, it will be a series arc! *bururrururp I'll get that McNugget sauce if it's the last thing I do, Morty!
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Isn't Disney making a live-action "Mulan"? Time to bring the sauce back.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(April 2, 2017 at 5:19 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I'm curious, though, if that memory of Rick losing his family was true, or if it was something he made up.

It was made up. When he revealed his con job to the (asshole) interrogator, he also revealed his origin story was similarly made up.

As usual with Rick and Morty, Rick pulls a "Ha ha, fooled ya motherfucker!" routine where he goes overboard.

Vindictiveness is an understatement.

I think Dan Harmon is writing out a bunch of concepts he doesn't want anymore - The council of Ricks, the Federation, the occupation of Earth, Beth's marriage being on the rocks, etc,. It occurs to me that his ex-wife was a cocreator and had to have contributed story lines or characters to the show. Since it was a rather nasty divorce, I expect it to manifest everywhere including the show.

I've only seen similar manifestations as related by children of acrimoniously divorced couples - a certain bitter and mean streak.

Still was a good episode. I hope we revisit the Evil Morty - seems like a similar heavyweight that can take on Rick. Nothing else can.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(April 2, 2017 at 9:39 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote:
(April 2, 2017 at 5:19 pm)Faith No More Wrote: I'm curious, though, if that memory of Rick losing his family was true, or if it was something he made up.

It was made up. When he revealed his con job to the (asshole) interrogator, he also revealed his origin story was similarly made up.

As usual with Rick and Morty, Rick pulls a "Ha ha, fooled ya motherfucker!" routine where he goes overboard.

So he says, but you never know with this show. Rick losing his family and then hopping into another dimension and taking over where that Rick had left would explain a lot of his detachment and self-destructive behavior. It will most likely end up being false, but I thought it explained too much and the show is just crazy enough for it to be real.

I really hope Jerry isn't just gone for the season. Maybe they'll still have a side arc with him trying to adjust to single life or trying to get revenge on Rick or something. He was good for too many laughs to just throw out.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eight years later, 'Dexter' is returning for a ninth season Foxaèr 28 3092 November 25, 2022 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Uberpod
  TWD Season 6 Foxaèr 271 28618 June 23, 2020 at 2:26 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Pern, Season One. Gawdzilla Sama 11 549 September 7, 2018 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Anyone else watching season 2 of Legion? The Industrial Atheist 2 461 April 16, 2018 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The X-Files season 11 Foxaèr 12 944 March 12, 2018 at 11:02 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The Walking Dead, Season 7-*SPOILERS ABOUND* Athene 120 11668 May 6, 2017 at 2:19 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  American Gods premiered tonight Foxaèr 10 1642 May 6, 2017 at 2:06 am
  TWD Season 7 Foxaèr 1 554 October 23, 2016 at 9:17 pm
  GoT Season 6 Foxaèr 1 558 April 23, 2016 at 2:45 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  House Of Cards(season 4) Excited Penguin 19 2741 March 14, 2016 at 12:02 am
Last Post: Ravenshire