Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 5:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The X-Files season 11
The X-Files season 11
I just watched the first episode. So far so good.

@Clueless Morgan, I hope you're watching the new season. Smile
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: The X-Files season 11
(March 1, 2018 at 12:43 am)Lutrinae Wrote: I just watched the first episode.  So far so good.

@Clueless Morgan, I hope you're watching the new season.  Smile

On my television in Poland the 10th season is now playing. and it seems to be OK, but I've heard that Season 11th is a failure and a mockery of the fans ...
Let me know if it's worth watching Tongue
"Alone is what I have. Alone protects me." 
“I may be on the side of the angels but don’t think for one second that I am one of them.”
“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery each day."
(March 1, 2018 at 2:49 pm)KittyAnn Wrote:
(March 1, 2018 at 12:43 am)Lutrinae Wrote: I just watched the first episode.  So far so good.

@Clueless Morgan, I hope you're watching the new season.  Smile

On my television in Poland the 10th season is now playing. and it seems to be OK, but I've heard that Season 11th is a failure and a mockery of the fans ...
Let me know if it's worth watching Tongue

Some of 11 is good, some not. They take some time to poke fun. The most recent one I saw was humans living in an AI run world.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Just watched the second episode.
~ Erin Hunter
Just watched the third episode, Plus One; classic evil twins.
~ Erin Hunter
The X-files does not appeal to me anymore. It stopped being decent some time in the 90s

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

You lost me at "X-Files".
(March 12, 2018 at 2:44 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: The X-files does not appeal to me anymore. It stopped being decent some time in the 90s

It kind of went downhill when Mulder's character was temporarily removed, but I still enjoyed the show.
~ Erin Hunter
(March 12, 2018 at 3:01 pm)Lutrinae Wrote:
(March 12, 2018 at 2:44 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote: The X-files does not appeal to me anymore. It stopped being decent some time in the 90s

It kind of went downhill when Mulder's character was temporarily removed, but I still enjoyed the show.

I won't say it was a horrible show, all I can say personally is that I hated it. The biggest reason, was that I ran into far too many people who took the damned show as a documentary instead of mere entertainment. 

It obviously was popular, so for that I can't say anything but that I didn't like it, for the reason I just stated.

I clearly remember one time hanging out at a friends house, when an episode about vampires was on, and his girlfriend said, "How do you know it isn't possible?"...

"Pro wrestling" would to me be on par with that show. Not so much now, but back in the 80s and prior, you could risk getting beat up for calling it an act. 

I simply saw too many people taking that show way too seriously. 

I have my own escapism too, but man, some people cant tell the difference between fantasy and real life.
(March 12, 2018 at 3:43 pm)Brian37 Wrote: I won't say it was a horrible show, all I can say personally is that I hated it. The biggest reason, was that I ran into far too many people who took the damned show as a documentary instead of mere entertainment. 

It obviously was popular, so for that I can't say anything but that I didn't like it, for the reason I just stated.

I clearly remember one time hanging out at a friends house, when an episode about vampires was on, and his girlfriend said, "How do you know it isn't possible?"...

"Pro wrestling" would to me be on par with that show. Not so much now, but back in the 80s and prior, you could risk getting beat up for calling it an act. 

I simply saw too many people taking that show way too seriously. 

I have my own escapism too, but man, some people cant tell the difference between fantasy and real life.

So basically your dislike of the show is based on how others misperceived it rather than forming your own opinion from having watched it yourself? It seems to me no way to live where you allow others to ruin things for you.
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Eight years later, 'Dexter' is returning for a ninth season Foxaèr 28 3104 November 25, 2022 at 11:41 am
Last Post: Uberpod
  TWD Season 6 Foxaèr 271 28649 June 23, 2020 at 2:26 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Pern, Season One. Gawdzilla Sama 11 568 September 7, 2018 at 3:56 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Anyone else watching season 2 of Legion? The Industrial Atheist 2 467 April 16, 2018 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  The X-Files Foxaèr 37 3387 July 26, 2017 at 6:52 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The Walking Dead, Season 7-*SPOILERS ABOUND* Athene 120 11852 May 6, 2017 at 2:19 am
  Rick and Morty: Season 3 premiered Autumnlicious 10 1965 April 6, 2017 at 2:11 am
Last Post: AceBoogie
  TWD Season 7 Foxaèr 1 557 October 23, 2016 at 9:17 pm
  GoT Season 6 Foxaèr 1 566 April 23, 2016 at 2:45 am
Last Post: Excited Penguin
  House Of Cards(season 4) Excited Penguin 19 2751 March 14, 2016 at 12:02 am
Last Post: Ravenshire